Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Tensions Rise Between Fulflet Union and Oranjestad

Options
Rita Trekker, Foreign Affairs Journalist
Fulflet Propaganda in front of the Follywood Cinema, which now plays propaganda exclusively.
ORANJESTAD- Tensions between two of the Shire superpowers, Oranjestad and the Fulflet Union, are at an all-time high. After the failed Demmatrodine Invasion nine days ago, along with the large amount of cooperation Oranjestad has in reclaiming the Union, has multiplied the cold feelings and resentment each nation has for each other. Oranjestad has placed an embargo and travel ban on the Union, which has been making a more outward appearance in the Shire recently. After the Demmatrodine Invasion, Premier Cedon Wexfield released this statement:

From the Desk of Premier Cedon Wexfield, Leader of the Fulflet Union
...After becoming aware of the attempted reclamation of the Union by capitalist aggressors on our own land, we must call into question who are our supporters, and who are against us. It is clear that Oranjestad is against the glory of the Fulflet Union, which has transformed a broken and corrupt society into the utilitarian state it is today. Already the Wexfield Scientific Coalition has made several breakthroughs in the fields of science and engineering that the former DePrey Institute could not. Crime has decreased astronomically, and polls show that our Comrades are happier than ever, with more food on their tables and more money to support their families from government-assigned jobs and positions. The Union is not weak. The Union is strong. A strong nation would retaliate against those who would seek to displace it from its rightful land. But a strong nation is also forgiving. We will forget Oranjestad's actions, and we will maintain the belief that it never happened. But let it be known: One more act of aggression may be the beginning of a war. Be careful. 
With the quick and dangerous advancement of Union weaponry, this threat must be taken seriously by the Shire United Nation. A war with the Fulflet Union may secure the deaths of millions of innocent Shirefolk. It was even reported that the Union successfully tested a weapon dubbed the "Ender Bomba", capable of harnessing the energy from ender pearls into one portable explosive. It was hailed as the most dangerous weapon ever created, even more powerful than the nuclear hydrogen bomb. 
There are also reports of the former Emperor's whereabouts. He and his exiled Chancellors have moved from Niflheim Palace to establish order in the city of Caffa. After the Emperor was usurped, Caffa was left in the hands of its Chancellor. Unfortunately, he was assassinated soon after, and the Union has not yet occupied the city due to the large distance between the capital and the city. It was taken over by a paramilitary group known as the Caffmen. The removed Sammichian nobility hope to remove the Caffmen from the city and use Caffa as a base of operations.
In other news, the Wexfield Scientific Coalition has announced plans for the Comrades' Space Exploration Program, or C-SEP, whose goal is to send the first human into space (not the first Shirefolk, though. A Sammichian family took a wrong turn on a highway once while visiting family in Orikami, and ended up in deep space to conquer a planet of talking gnomes. They have not returned.) and possibly discover nearby extraterrestrial life.  
The fate of the Shire is ambiguous at the moment. Will there be a lull in Union activity, or are we on the brink of a total war?

~SGN Online, helping you act like you care~
-------------------------------------------
Donatella Arravici, Venezia- We just can't catch a break, can we? First a Civil War, then a massive plague, and now this? Seriously? I have half a mind to believe that someone up there is behind all of this.

Franz Kelgort, Bork- you would think that the emperor & his chancellors would be smart enough to not give away their position to journalists where the union can see them lol

Jaxson Fedorabelle, Athitica- LOL. Serves them right. I once got rejected by a Fulfwotz girl after stalking and harassing her for two years. She was so stuck up and I'm pretty sure she was a Christian. Didn't even want to play Horde of Heroes with me LOL. An atheist euphoria-enthusiast like me has no time for a girl like her. She became 90% more ugly once she rejected me. All a man needs is his Shinjeki no Haiki waifu and his Mountain Dew LOL... 

Xavier Swan, Oranjestad- this is some racist shit right here

Comments

• 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    I was actually born in the bucket while it was raised above the well, please stop spreading these misrepresentations.
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    Options
    Without these SGN Breaking News article, I'd be lost.
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    If there's another war, I'll be ready this time. Preparations are already being made within the ADAKK cities for such a situation. Only time will tell what will happen.
  • pc1894
    pc1894 Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    I am definitely fit to decide if there will be a massive war.