Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Why Cactus County got so big. Also I'm asking how can I stop its expansion?

Options
I don't like confrontation but I feel I need to explain how Cactus County got to be its size. First of all it isn't just me that builds there in fact most of it is built by other players who I let build on my plot and that is why it started growing so big in the first place. There is at least five people that contributed but people come and go so you can see the changes over time. Most of the large buildings were built by them. I built Mojave City on the southern half of the ring road. Not even that area is just my build as it was worked on by three people. Not a single one of these areas is really one person but more of a community. The area was built away from everyone and I figured I don't really care what people build here so why would you guys care since it is faraway from the mainland and I couldn't dare douse creativity from the builders here. I just figured let people build creatively. I designed many of the towns I will admit but the reason they sprawl so much was because of you guys. You wanted denser builds so we put density laws up but I'm not going to force all our old builds to adhere to them since people were building the old way first so I sort of tried my best to refurbish these older buildings to fit your needs and pushed newer buildings north and west where there could be more density since the older buildings could no longer fit that.
These areas are the main problem now a days. If you guys would have set a land cap earlier and if you guys would have given instruction on how much interior a house needed we would not have been in this mess. I take responsibility for my actions but I had no idea about your rules on this despite having searched the forums and wiki for hours. Also it's not like I intend to force new players off of this land actually quite the contrary I like to build cooperatively and despise that idea. In fact the reason it go so big was because of that, when you have many people on one build you have a large amount of land. You may have one person build Oranjestad so the build has a lot more ease and regulation to it while also taking a lot less area. We have 5 people and many contributors so not everything is agreed upon on what is expected. Please give me more direction next time and if this comes off as rude I don't intend it to be.

Comments

• nebbers
    Options
    dogforce - we have many cities on the Shire that are much bigger than Cactus County.  We don't mind sprawl but we value quality over quantity.  Focus on completing your existing buildings and making them great! Make Cactus County a quality place deserving of preservation. I'd encourage you to look at the many cities on the server and draw inspiration from them to make Cactus County a well-detailed area that everyone wants to visit.

I know you can do it!!  I hope some day Cactus County will be so awesome that it will deserve its very own featured youtube video on our channel!!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChy3LLXvE7kq2CScGnaVNqg
  • dogforcerecon
    Options
    Thx for the advice. Sorry if I came off as pushy
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    Options
    [quote="dogforcerecon;6851"]Thx for the advice. Sorry if I came off as pushy[/quote]

No need to apologize. Thank you for reaching out to get it all cleared up. =) 
    Just like Nebbers said, we are looking forward to seeing Cactus County becoming a thriving city!
This discussion has been closed.