Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Railway Network

CoffeeAndChill
CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
edited October 2013 in Information and Rules
I've completed a new railway line between Gong-Chengshi and Budapest, it's the yellow line on [URL=http://play.shirecraft.us:6635/?worldname=Nippopolis&mapname=surface&zoom=1&x=298.7760457053099&y=64&z=720.2116872924922]dynmap[/URL]

Future ideas for railway lines include:
minas - falore - redbrooke - downton - sera - lamename - bree
central - shiredale - elathuria - alqualonde - bristol - barad
kelimanjaro - darktown - redtown - batavia - rhius
holzdorf - lonia - llamapvp - pucktown - bork - redbrooke - silk touch
fulfwotz - atheos - withering - SEAC - pangea - silex
bloodmist* - nub city - et dream land - arena ruins - duomo - shai ling - transfagarasan
kraghal - slyy's house cluster - shroomtown - whitevale - esthat - aetheria - mountbritain - (arctic's area near to mountbritain) - whail
brosillon - hyrule - rougeport - whail
* - station just outside city walls

Thanks ^_^
Post edited by CoffeeAndChill on

Comments

• CoffeeAndChill
    edited December 2013
    New train line from Spawn to Central (one way)
    Then the line continues from Central to Shiredale, Elathuria Island, Alqualonde, Bristol & Barad Dur

Almost complete.

Edit: Done!

Now working on (white track on dynmap) Homestar (done) -> Odd facade resort (almost done) -> Central (done) -> Lamename -> Seratapera -> Redbrooke -> Falore
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Lines terminating at Whail

• CoffeeAndChill
    If anyone's town/area is along the planned routes above, I'd appreciate it if you could make a train station (must have two lines coming in one side and out the other) then post on here with its location and optionally a screenshot :)
  • CoffeeAndChill
    edited December 2013
    Thanks to Lobstrex for maing shroomtown station!

Pending:
    • Kraghal
    • Slyy's houses
    • whitevale
    • esthar
    • kuzvak
    • mountbritain
    • brunswick
    • whail
    • rougeport
    • hyrule
    • brosillon 
    • imperium (ben's town past brosillon)
    Post edited by 0031benjy on
  • Morris_h
    Morris_h Member, Wiki Editor
    I can make you a train station <3
  • CoffeeAndChill
    yay! ;D
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Kraghal-Whail | Whail - Imperium
    Progress.....

Rails constructed:
    • Kraghal - Slyy
    • Shroomtown - Whitevale
    • Whitevale - Esthar
     Stations constructed:
    • Kraghal
    • Slyy
    • Shroomtown
    • Whitevale
    • Esthar
    • Aetheria
    • Mt Britain
    • Brunswick (?) 
  • mtbrgeek
    mtbrgeek Member, Retired Staff
    There is existing rail going from mount britain to central ( i think its central) I know it runs under Tyro. 
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Yes, that's disused currently and I'll try to integrate part of it. It's quite low down :/
  • CoffeeAndChill
    New Kraghal-Whail line is almost finished

Done Kraghal <-> Brunswick, need to link Brunswick to Eliza-upon-Elswood, then to Whail. 
  • CoffeeAndChill
    The track from Whail to Kraghal is now complete!

Head over to /warp Whail (go out of the building the warp takes you to, keep going straight on for the station) and get a train on the Cerelia line (Platform 1B) towards Kraghal to test it :) 

The track from Kraghal to Whail has been built, but it has not been 'speed enhanced'

Trains will not currently stop at all stations. 
  • Is the rail line between Minas Tirith and Gong-Chengshi defunct?  If so, can it be removed or degraded/made ruinous, or will it be used again in the future?
  • CoffeeAndChill
    It is defunct for now, but it may be used again soon
  • CoffeeAndChill
    New route planned ("Thule" line [orange]): 

Mainland (Change to Hestia & Ophion) - Bloodmist - Nub City - Moria - Tyro - Mt Britain (Change to Cerelia) - Kaldaron
  • CoffeeAndChill
    New route plan: to the south of the map!

Venezia Cipriana - SouthEast Venezia (station pending) - Novus - [attractions between novus and pigsumo] - dracollich's area - rixie's mushroom biome 
  • Andy had suggested building a rail station at my project named Cliffhaven, located at 4691, 65, 1339 (SE corner of map near the impact crater place).  I looked at the proposed map of the rail extensions and I didn't see a line heading my way, although I may have read it wrong.  Just let me know if you'd like me to prep a station and I'll be happy to oblige.  Cheers!
  • CoffeeAndChill
    @Catmanoct - make a station :D You could make it as part of the competition at ' /warp BC ' if you'd like to
  • The Storm ends railroad now reaches Emerald city!  much work needed inside the tunnel under the sea but the rail is operational.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Hey that's great, saved me a job! Thank you :)
  • CoffeeAndChill
    edited June 2018
    Future ideas for railway lines include:
    1. minas - falore - redbrooke - downton - sera - lamename - bree DONE: Zelos/Empire lines
    2. central - shiredale - elathuria - alqualonde - bristol - barad DONE: Hestia line
    3. kelimanjaro - darktown - redtown - batavia - rhius DONE: Juris line
    4. holzdorf - lonia - llamapvp - pucktown - bork - redbrooke - silk touch DONE: Dulcia/Juris lines
    5. fulfwotz - atheos - withering - SEAC - pangea - silex Still pending...
    6. bloodmist* - nub city - et dream land - arena ruins - duomo - shai ling - transfagarasan DONE: Thule/Dulcia/Juris lines
    7. kraghal - slyy's houses - shroomtown - whitevale - esthat - aetheria - mountbritain - (arctic's area near to mountbritain) - whail DONE: Cerelia line
    8. brosillon - hyrule - rougeport - whail DONE: Nysa line

Updated railway map — https://wiki.shirecraft.us/images/4/4e/Shire_Railway_Map_2018.png
    EnderKillaHay
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Request received for Empire line via Emerald City to call or terminate at ZebraFury's area (3426,-3648)
  • CoffeeAndChill
    edited July 2018
    https://wiki.shirecraft.us/index.php?title=File:Shire_Railway_Map_2018.png

Updated map to add new Skira line and new Empire line stations, 'tidying up' the bottom-right of the map where *cough*Smoot*cough* made an ocean.

We're back to that nice sweet state where almost everything is working, just before a major MC update comes out. :-)
    EnderKillaWuggeh0
  • John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    Yesssss, spread the glorious railways, let them connect and consume
    Wuggeh0
  • tij62
    tij62 Member
    edited July 2018
    What about a new line?

For example: Phobon > Taynia > Elswell > Bree > Brandywine West > Seratapera > Bethil Tower > Ghastreach > Central > Shiredale > Equos County

The name would be: Insignia Line
    Color: Brown
  • Wuggeh0
    Wuggeh0 Member, Wiki Editor
    edited July 2018
    I would support it and add: Perhaps converting the Groenevelden-Amica branch line with it? That way we can use the existing line traveling from Groenevelden to Phobon and Amica, and expanding it to a full-length, full-volume, and full-speed main line. (I would gladly put work in to see this realized.)

I also have been thinking of this for a while now. Maybe it could also be a way to connect the Juris, Cerelea, and Thule lines? Instead of Elmswell as a stop, the line could connect Taynia to Woodstock > Whitevale > Tyro > Equos.

That way it provides a much easier connection from Spawn to Westshirerail (8 stops, 1 transfer), while also connecting the Juris, Dulcia, Cerelea, Aether, and Thule lines within four stops. It would vastly improve the efficiency of travel within mainland and to the Western Shire.
    Post edited by Wuggeh0 on
    tij62
  • tij62
    tij62 Member
    Yeah, we could add the branch line Zege-Groenevelden to it! It would be more efficent that way, since the West Shire Rail would have 4 instead of 3 connections to the mainland. And talking about the WSR, it would be less complicated to get around.
  • Narcs121
    Narcs121 Member, Wiki Editor
    Hey,

I'd be happy to build a few streetcar systems, especially around the center. Oranjestad already has a "streetcar" and i'd like to add a few lines to it and a bit other lines near Central such as Homestar Port - Shiredale, Opera, Plaza, etc.