Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Tyro-yeoman easier promotion idea

Options
Jimmy
Jimmy Arbiter
edited July 2014 in General Chat
Hey Guys,

While chatting with some tyro folk, had an idea that it would be cool for architect+ to be able to promote from tyro-yeo only. That way, they can get promoted faster once they are done with their build.

Architects are the master builders of the server right? so it would make sence that they could judge how well others do building.

Just an idea, not sure if its even possible to do with permissions. 

Comments

• 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    I'd agree with that, if it's possible, then again giving Jimmy power... hmm... that's about as safe as me & Ender Crystals.
  • PsYcHoX88
    Options
    I agree, out of all the ranks that are the most active right now, it's the Architects/Engineers and Archdukes. We see the tyros more often than some lords, we can give a better judgment.

+1 for the idea Jimmy 
  • Sammiches822
    Options
    I think this is a good idea, it would help make promotions go by faster.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    I'm unsure.

I think Arbiters should promote Gaijin-Tyro though 
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    Options
    Question: Is it architects inclusive who can promote?
    I think it's a good idea, but with a few conditions.
    This would mean that, before being promoted to architect, a person would have to have a good record, i.e. they'd be trusted enough not to invite a friend on and promote them without them putting any work in.
    I think it's also a good idea to make sure architects are willing to help tyros when they ask for someone to access their builds. The main problem with the tyro to yeoman step right now is the fact that there is 24/7 admin service, so though giving architects this power, it might not increase the amount of tyro to yeoman promotion frequencies.
    But if it does work, yes it will be very effective. I think it's a good idea :D
  • nebbers
    Options
    I'm fine with Arbiters.  Architects - I can see the appeal, but that means starting to shift their role from builders to managers, and thats something we tried to avoid when we made the rank.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    Options
    Hey just an idea lol. Having arbiters able to decreses their promotion wait time by a ton. We all know Ben spends more time on the shire then he does in real life ;)
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    Ouch. True, but really, ouch!
  • Aedesius
    Options
    As someone who greatly appreciates the lack of responsibility the architect rank has, I do not want to be bugged by tyros with "look at my build pls" and "can i have yeo."

That said, Arbiters aren't a bad idea, and if some Architects want to be able to manage memberships they should step up to the plate and commit to being staff.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    Options
    I also agree that no responsibilities is very nice lol. 
  • Sammiches822
    Options
    I'm indifferent to be honest. I can see arbiters needing that ability more than architects, and it would make architects closer to the staff area which, like nebbs said, is what they tried to avoid by making that rank.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    As of yesterday, Arbiters can promote Gaijin -> Tyro
  • nebbers
    Options
    yaaaay