Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Possible Shire Pandemic?

Sammiches822
Sammiches822 Arbiter
edited August 2014 in General Chat
Studies at DePrey Research Institute confirm that a new STD from Athitica has evolved into the Great White Plague, a historic plague that once wiped out 42% of the total population of the Shire many centuries ago. People thought they were immune, but it has since evolved into a much more lethal virus. Will your city be able to survive?

Okay, so um, kind of similar to the War, (I know what you're thinking, "oh god sammich again lolz? no pls") except activeness on the server isn't really required. Most of it will be through the forums, which is good for people like us going back to school around this time. Basically, the choice to volunteer your city/town/village is optional. Once you volunteer your settlement, it is placed in a raffle of sorts. Once every week, a settlement is chosen, and if yours gets chosen, you are eliminated, and your city has been "ravaged" by the plague, meaning most of your population has been infected and killed off, looters are around every corrner, riots, etc. We can do this, just a fictional downside to being drawn, or an actual downside, which you guys can decide on. I'll post a poll or something. I will also add a cure. One city will be drawn to get the cure, and they are safe from being ravaged for that week. Once the week is over, we do another raffle, first giving the cure, and then picking the ravaged city. I know I'm not the most.. trustworthy person, so if you decide to be all "OMG MY CITY R U SRS??? no i dnt belive u ur a lier" I will be glad to post a screenshot of the choice, which will be through an app on my phone. The Shire will become immune to the virus once the cure has been given to every city that participates. This plague will only happen if a minimum of FIVE cities participate. I'll be posting news about the status of the Shire while in turmoil in another topic if this thing is a go, and so can you. Update the server on the state of your city! Remember, you can get the cure more than once, and some cities will not even be ravaged at all. I already volunteer Fulfwotz and Floffwym. If you have more than one city/town/village, you can enter as many as you like. So? Are you going to do it? Or are you gonna be a chicken? Dates and more details will be announced if this gets put into play. If you volunteer, please comment and state which settlement(s) you will be entering.

Comments

• Keikei has volunteered the city of Orikami!
  • Ender has volunteered New Enderton!
  • XxAndrew
    XxAndrew Member, Wiki Editor
    Vashon has been volunteered.
  • i volunteer hearthstone
  • We're at 4 cities, excluding my own. 1 more and the plan is in action!
  • Oranjestad is inhabited by immortal hyperbeings of energy, so fortunately they cannot get sick.
  • What if I said it can affect immortal hyperbeings of energy? #nooneissafe #wakeupsheeple
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    I volunteer Athit- oh wait..
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited August 2014
    You can volunteer athitica, it's just as affected as the rest if the Shire, I just needed an origin... That's 5 cities, I guess this is happening now. I posted a news topic where everyone can post updates on the status of their city.
    Post edited by Sammiches822 on
  • Okay... Since this is happening... The raffles will start August 30th. The drawings will be every Saturday from there on out. Spread the word, and get your friends' cities to participate! And then they get three friends to participate! And then those three friends get three friends to participate!

(not a pyramid scheme) 
  • Uh oh. It would be a shame if something were to happen in or around Brunswick now when the University Hospital of Brunswick is undergoing major renovations...

(Brunswick has volunteered to enter this all...After all, Brunswick has been in severe decline as of late so it wouldn't surprise me if people started coughing even without a plague) 
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    hayyyy Knavobuki volenteers as tribute!  ^:)^
    Thinking maybe there could be an ecomnomical actual downside to getting ravaged, maybe shops close, building and construction stops and.... shut up I'm not good with ideas ;-; but maybe it could also spread to other active cities nearby as well, and they could get the negative points too.
    Maybe ravage town could also be temporarily built to be ruined, like fulfwotz was during the war >.< 
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    its hard to prepare for this with the server being down and all :(
  • I know! It said it was down for maitenance and I was kicked this morning, but it's taking much longer than usual to get back up... Been down basically the entire day
  • Mieshoa
    oh xD i feel like an idiot down - i posted on the server down forum only about 1 and a half hours ago lol, thank you for letting me know its down for maintanence
  • Mieshoa
    and now i feel like an idiot again because nebbers replied saying that it was down for maintenance before y'all and i didnt even notice ;-;
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited August 2014
    I volunteer Cognac, Budapest, Senbazuru, and Venezia Nuova.
  • Thanks hneybnchz
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited August 2014
    Current participating cities are...
    • Fulfwotz
    • Floffwym
    • Vashon
    • New Enderton
    • Knavobuki
    • Venice
    • Brunswick