Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Continent Names

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iafxnZ9.jpg[/img]OH HELLO

I'd like some help in naming our 'continents'.. i roughly divided the world based on geographical features and I'd like to have a name for each area.  Some are already named - but can you think of names for the other areas?  It'd be nice if they somehow relate to cities already there, but it's not necessary.

Comments

• I'd Like to name the Continent in the very bottom that is Orange as Malesius
  • Morris_h
    Morris_h Member, Wiki Editor
    Can I ask for the top right (or 'toppest' top on this isometric view) region in turquoise to be named "Clementine"? because I have a university there named the University of Clementine, and having the region named as such would the have university name make a lot more sense than it does now. Though this is open to change as it's quite selfish for me to ask that, I suppose. 
  • Malesius - cool name.  SOLD.

That leave 9 left to name.
  • The blue one next to Demmatrodine which is relatively empty except for one village, I'd like to name it Amasiava Atoll.
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    The central area should be called Communitas, or "Biggest" in latin. 
  • How about Clementinia?  I'm fine with either though.  SOLD!
    Amasiava Atoll - SOLD.
    Will wait for more suggestions before deciding on the main land area.

• Issoladach - SOLD!
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Main centre area... Venezia!
  • monkeyman32123
    monkeyman32123 Member, Retired Staff
    An area: Terra Relictus
    Latin for: Forsaken Land

Another Idea: Sheol
    Hebrew for: Abode of the Dead

• So... The continent Modaora is on - I think it's the light green. Can that be "Postremo?" It's just "future" in Latin. Since like... Ya know. Future stuffs be goin' down around that area.
    CoffeeAndChill
  • What area, Monkey?

Postremo it is!  SOLD.
    CoffeeAndChill
  • how about Kaluara for the one between the mainland and modaora's one?? it means past in albanian, seems fitting since future is above it
  • plus all my cities are there, and they are all ancient. xD
  • COOL, thanks guys.  That'll work for now.
  • I did not read the whole thing but the purple area should be Amaranth like as in the cereal ingredient :D
  • I'll take a latinized version of that - Amaranthus.  That's it!  no more continents to name.  Plenty of rivers and oceans and forest and mountains and deserts and and and... to be named though :)  I'll probably make most of those feature names up as I make regional maps.
  • Ritunim should be independent from Westreach! Human scum.
  • bringing this back like throwback.
    Mainly to ask if the oceans, bays, waterways are named.

The body of water to the south of Laurelian, I'd like to name if it isn't already.
    Lord_Drekar
  • Also; for the icy cold region outlined in blue, the small one, I'd like to name it Thrennex since that ties into Sammichian wiki stuff and Ceriumuse is there.
  • [quote="Hay;5053"]bringing this back like throwback.
    Mainly to ask if the oceans, bays, waterways are named.

The body of water to the south of Laurelian, I'd like to name if it isn't already.
    [/quote] Sure - name it what?
  • John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    The small blue outlined area on the far left of the linked map (far southwestern corner geometrically wise) could be named Insel which is german for island.
  • [quote="john117;5066"]The small blue outlined area on the far left of the linked map (far southwestern corner geometrically wise) could be named Insel which is german for island.[/quote]

Please call it Insel Island so it can be Island Island.
  • DoctorVox
    DoctorVox Member, Wiki Editor
    Top Green: Vale
  • Everyone, be sure to read through all the comments before choosing names. A lot of the areas that are unmarked have already been named. =)

And I'm still trying to decide on a name for the bay area south of Laurelian, Nebs. Lol. Sorry for the delay!
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    why do we have such pretentious names? why not just...

up
    left
    right
    down
    upper-left
    upper-right
    lower-left
    lower-right
    centre

so much easier

also why do we bother with all this 'lord' 'arbiter' rubbish? guys, 'admin' and 'mod' is so much cooler.
    HayJudge_Dreddpool
  • Wow, @andy. WOW.
    I guess we should also name our cities,
    That one
    This one
    The one over there
    Here to the left
    Kinda Centerish
    Lower right... no, your other right
    Oops over here

xD
    CoffeeAndChill