Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

We made IGN!

Options
Or rather, Morris did.  and It's the German IGN.  http://de.ign.com/minecraft-xbox-one/103873/news/bestaunt-eines-der-schonsten-und-detailreichsten

We're getting a rush this morning of gaijin.

Comments

• Batman
    Batman Member, Retired Staff
    Options
    That's incredible! 
  • Arcticstar
    Arcticstar Lord
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Since I already offered the translation of the other article, I thought I'd make sure to translate the first article for you guys as well!

ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND DETAILED MINECRAFT PROJECTS IN EXISTENCE

A new highlight of the map: A complete university campus with a stadium, Minecraft style

by  Christoph Meinelt

The Shire is one of the most beautiful Minecraft maps in the most successful game on YouTube. The project is spanning for over four years. After almost six months' building time, the block placer Morris has added another sight to it: a complete university, including a football stadium.

On the screenshot in the article you find the School of Business to the left, the library to the right, and in the background, the Arts School. In between is the railway station. The creator of the piece of art, morris_h, also describes the other buildings: six faculty buildings, one clinic, a student center, four student dormitories and of course the football stadium, that invites 5,000 imaginary guests for a seat.

The Shire also has some things to offer: Little-Venice or Isengard, – there's something for everyone's tastes. If you happen to own Minecraft yourself, you should definitely take a visit to play.shirecraft.us. You can use the ability /fly. With /warp university, you come to the historical places. If you do not have the program installed, you can admire The Shire here. The campus is still in progress, but it'll be worth it to nip inside now already! 

Source: Reddit

• Arcticstar
    Options
    I must say that I chuckled a bit at the fact that they're calling one of our biggest cities small, but hey ho. :)
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    Little?!!?? :P
  • Morris_h
    Morris_h Member, Wiki Editor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    oh yay im gettting famous!111! calling it incomplete is an understatement lol, all of the buildings are empty

Also what is the clinic?
  • Arcticstar
    Arcticstar Lord
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [quote="Morris_h;2776"]

Also what is the clinic?
    [/quote]

The medical center? :o It's what they said in the text, so I had to translate it as it said, lol.
    Post edited by Arcticstar on