Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Punishment Sins

It was the top of the 9th, Shire vs DaftC, Daft was losing 0 to god know what, 2 outs, 2 strikes.
Hay pitched a ball, DaftC hit it! The ball is going far, its, um, gosh dang it, arcy caught the ball becuase he heard my "opinion" is rude.

That sums up the last few days.

Right now I am permabanned and quite irritated from geting banned in the dubious and 15 century baseball punishment system.
Like that YT channel who does the movie sins, im doing punishment sins.

The system is too old
It has common core standards
It is unfair, like the laws in the 15 century England
A point system is more logical
3 is not the magic number
The system is too dubious
Having an opinion is too dubious for the staff
Trying to join a gay subject on the chat results in a permaban
This post is too dubious
Nobody knows what dubious means
Dubious dubious dubious
Did I mention it was dubious?

Final score: Unban me and get rid of the system.

HayLord_DrekarArcticstarMieshoaJimmyEnderKillaVetous

Comments

• Tried being nice. Tried getting people to be nice to you.

I was going to close this discussion to prevent the veritable lashing you'd get for it, but nah. The Shire's had a pretty trying past couple of weeks and I think this is a great way for people to blow off steam.

Have fun, everyone.
    ThatDaftcreaperLord_Drekar
  • Ive had enough with these building servers, every single one hates me. I thought this would be a good run, but no, im just a useless piece of sh*t.
    Lord_Drekar
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    edited October 2015
    You know, we really don't appreciate you, someone who we have had here for barely a month, coming on and telling us how to run our server. This space has existed since there was online support for Minecraft. It's been around five years, and for a server, that's a pretty long ass time. 

I've been here for three of those five years, and at no point have I seen anyone take any kind of issue with out mod staff the way you have. 

It's honestly kind of annoying. 

Now, I get it, maybe you are "socially awkward" because you were home schooled (which doesn't make sense to me because I know plenty of normal people who were home schooled), but that doesn't count as an excuse to come on to our forums and complain, and make obnoxious comments in game. It creates a sort poisonous atmosphere that isn't good for any online community.    

Now, maybe you will mature one day. It's obvious that you need it. I hope you do, because maturing to the point that you can behave in a normal manner online is a really important stepping stone into becoming an adult. I wish you the best, but seriously, you kinda missed the ball here. 
    Hay
  • Liandria21
    Liandria21 Member, Wiki Editor
    edited October 2015
    Our system is too old; that’s why we have history. Lots and lots of beautiful history created by the many respected heroes of our land.

It has common core standards; that’s why our people are friendly and loving. We abide by the common rules that creates the core of our family. We care, we understand, we love, and we help; such are our standards—not very high.

"It is unfair,” you say, "like the laws in the 15 century England.” Unfairness, indeed, that the idiocy of England is the only thing you look at when thinking of the 15th century. First oil paintings, first golf balls, first triggers and hoisting gears. First printing press with moveable metals, and with it the first copyright ever granted! Designed was the parachute—by the great Leo da Vinci of course!—that now litters the airspace we are constantly flying through. While we’re at it, let's not forget, the whisky that Lissa loves was invented here, too! Whether it’s Renaissance in French, or Rinascimento in Italian, whatever language it’s in, Rebirth is a beautiful thing.

A point system is more logical, and indeed it is true! —For good little children who place many star stickers on their charts and earn their prizes by being good! Children are the cutest little things—just ask Kui; he’d know!

3 is not the magic number; yes, to you probably not—but 3 is a beautiful number, worthy of it’s praise, and one can only come to conclude that it’s beauty is only hidden to those with burning hearts of coal. Guess Santa wasn’t too happy with those poor souls.

Our system is too dubious… Yes… Doubtful… Unsure… Uncertain of whether Santa even bothered honouring you with his precious time, presence, and gift of coal.

I’m sure the dubious one here is you, for our staff are unquestionably not. They are the loving, caring, all-knowing parental guardians to our odd little expanding family. The atmosphere of our home is a friendly, inviting, and comforting one, for our staff maintain it as such. We value our peace, and we value our friends. We value our close-knit community.

Trying to participate in the topic of homosexuality does not result in a permaban. We respect your opinions; however, you must respect others’, too. You brought yourself into disrepute through your own dubious immaturity.

Indeed your post is too dubious… At least you know that much. Actually, you know what? Your post is full of value. As much value as a dartboard has to a dart in a human’s aiming hand.

Nobody but you knows not what dubious means.

Dubious, dubious, dubious. I thought 3 is not your magic number? Dubious indeed.

Did I mention you are dubiously dubious?

Final score: You should keep your mouth shut; even your forum profile page knows better than you.
    HayKonegidoArcticstarSammiches822pc1894CoffeeAndChill
  • Daft - we don't have a three strikes and you're out policy.  It just happens you were banned on your third offense.  You were doing so much better too, so it is disappointing to see.  We hope to see you on our next Amnesty Day.
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    @nebbers

Can we get the SEC to organize Amnesty Day? 
    CoffeeAndChillKonegido
  • Batman
    Batman Member, Retired Staff
    Hail Satan.
    ThatDaftcreaperJimmy
  • [quote="ThatDaftcreaper;1199"]It was the top of the 9th, Shire vs DaftC, Daft was losing 0 to god know what, 2 outs, 2 strikes.
    Hay pitched a ball, DaftC hit it! The ball is going far, its, um, gosh dang it, arcy caught the ball becuase he heard my "opinion" is rude.

That sums up the last few days.

Right now I am permabanned and quite irritated from geting banned in the dubious and 15 century baseball punishment system.
    Like that YT channel who does the movie sins, im doing punishment sins.

The system is too old
    It has common core standards
    It is unfair, like the laws in the 15 century England
    A point system is more logical
    3 is not the magic number
    The system is too dubious
    Having an opinion is too dubious for the staff
    Trying to join a gay subject on the chat results in a permaban
    This post is too dubious
    Nobody knows what dubious means
    Dubious dubious dubious
    Did I mention it was dubious?

Final score: Unban me and get rid of the system.

[/quote]

Your opinion on our rules are irrelevant. They've worked thus far, and do a fantastic job of keeping people who aren't going to be a good part of the community from wrecking the atmosphere and brilliant fun times we have here on the Shire. You were given more opportunities than most to change, and you screwed up. Your fault, not ours. Maybe if you were more tolerant and less hate filled, you'd still be free to build on the shire. As is, you chose to ignore any warnings to change, and this is the result. 

Perhaps, instead of judging all the building servers rules as dated or rude or whatever else you think because they all banned you, you should be looking more at yourself, and your actions, and figuring out that while having an opinion is fine, not everyone is going to appreciate it, especially in a diverse online community - and that if everyone is banning you, your actions are the problem, not the servers.

TL;DR It's your own fault, you are staying banned, and if we were as unfair as 15th century England I'd be on my way to you to hang, draw and quarter you. You aren't getting unbanned. This whole post cements every reason why you are banned, and your opinion matters about as much as a speck of dust to world politics. It doesn't matter. Good luck and goodbye 
    Arcticstar
  • Daft, if there is any wall of text you should read, it is Drek's. His words are just as golden as the letters of his ingame name. Following his advice will only work for the best for you. His advice is not there to hurt you, but to lead you on your way to being a healthy, kind adult. Learn. From. It. I cannot stress it enough.
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited October 2015
    You know what? As a homosexual, your opinion was rude. I don't appreciate people like you who are incapable of understanding what a strike is, who call my lifestyle satanic, and think that droning on and on about how everyone on minecraft hates you and you thought this would be a good run but you're irritating and unapologetic and that's our fault will help you. Nowhere in this appeal do you apologize; you outright DEMAND to be unbanned. We didn't ban you because of just a belief you have, we banned you because the way you expressed that belief implied that a fairly large amount of our player base were satanic. If you hadn't been so problematic in the past, and phrased your opinion as "I don't agree with homosexuality" I can assure you that you would not be banned right now. Just somewhat hated. 

And Christ, stop comparing our fair treatment of you to a "15th century baseball punishment system". You had been given multiple warnings, all of which you ignored, and then proceeded to offend me and numerous other players with just a single sentence (congrats). If you, by any chance, are welcomed back to the server, I can guarantee you that no one will be pleased to see you. You might as well accept that you've ruined your reputation on this server and it's time to move on.
    pc1894
  • What's funny is that this isn't a punishment. We simply do not accept this behavior and are not required to deal with it for the sake of what you feel you deserve.
    You see, you keep making this about you when really, it's just about choosing what we want for the Shire as a whole. I'm sure you can understand and if you don't I'm sure you can find a grownup nearby who can explain it to you.
    You're not a bad person, Daft. You just say and do really unfortunate things.
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    edited October 2015
    You've already stated your opinion of the LGBT community Daft, and that's your opinion and that's fine. The fact is, an opinion is not a good opinion if it is seen as an undertone insult. I would quote you but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. You've got great freedom of this speech on this server, which is also applicable in real life, so don't abuse it. (Also, you'll come across plenty of people who are in the LGBT community in your lifetime so it's really a bit sad if you don't accept them, a lot of possible friendships never to have existed and many opportunities lost)

And please don't pretend like you don't know what you've done wrooong dahhling, the way to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. We're all as imperfect as each other here, it's just that others learn from their mistakes more quickly.

I never knew our system was 'old-fashioned' but the reason it's so old is because it's so effective and has never caused any controversy up until now.

And also, the 90s were awesome! How could you say they weren't when you haven't even got a clue ;-;
    pc1894Konegido
  • And baseball didnt even exist in the 15th century, gawd. Get with the program.  /derail
    EnderKilla
  • [quote="Vetous;4404"]@nebbers

Can we get the SEC to organize Amnesty Day? 
    [/quote]

Fine with me!  We've never had an official one... we had one by accident when we lost our ban list a few years ago... As far as I know, no one noticed.
    Liandria21CoffeeAndChill
  • pc1894
    pc1894 Member, Wiki Editor
    [quote="Batman;4408"]Hail Satan. [/quote]

*chuckles*
    CoffeeAndChillSammiches822
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    edited October 2015
    Sorry I missed the party, hardly knew you daft!
    Brought my shame bell though :)

Ding!
    Post edited by nebbers on
    Lord_DrekarArcticstarpc1894
  • [quote="Konegido;4476"]

@vetous @nebbers Amnesty Day? So we will diasable the banlist for a day?

[/quote]

Sure! why the hell not.. we'll make an event out of it.  XD
    CoffeeAndChillpc1894
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited October 2015
    @Konegido we did that a lot and he didn't learn his lesson. 

Admittedly, I do understand where you're coming from; people are raised differently and children are easily impressionable and tend to follow the opinions of their parents blindly. But as I said before, I'm positive that if he shared his opinion in a nicer and less offensive way, he would not be banned. We are a tolerant community as it's been said before, but if that includes calling a large group of people on the server "satanic", then certain steps need to be taken to ensure that us tolerating him doesn't mean that he can say whatever comes to mind in whatever form he wants. 

Judging by the amount of people who agree with his banishment, I can guarantee you that it will be extremely difficult for most people on the server to start over and forget about this. I won't.
    Post edited by Sammiches822 on
  • Kone - while you are right that people are raised differently - prior to this incident he was warned more than once about how he behaves, speaks and acts. He was given more chances than most are. And then he did this. He's already had his second, third, and fourth chance. He blew them all. While I appreciate what you are saying, he's already had his chances and threw them in our faces.

Freedom of speech exists - but what he said goes against our rules of being fair and polite to everyone on the server. What he said was very insulting to several people who play here, and given that he already had several chances, this is the end of the path for Daft on the shire, I'm afraid
    Arcticstar
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    Yeah, the staff gave him loads of chances - the worst type of people are those who never learn from their mistakes, and Daft had lots of time to learn
    Lord_Drekar