Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Possibility that Mojave City will gain borough status

Options
With the federal system being in place as a option for cities around the country there is a strong push for Mojave to join the new federal government. This plan would require Mojave to switch provinces but would allow Mojave more control over its rapidly expanding population. A plan will be formulated depending on the results of this survey by mayor dogforcerecon

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A couple of questions
    When you say, "switch provinces," what do you mean?
    And does this mean, in any way, that Mojave will be claiming even more land than it already has?
    Post edited by Hay on
  • dogforcerecon
    dogforcerecon Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No Cactus County adopted a two province government system for its land. The federal referendum was quite divisive and rather than choose one side or the other we just made two governments. One is the old system where the county manager (currently me) governs day to day and is responsible for development and the other where local governments are to manage day to day affairs
  • dogforcerecon
    Options
    Actually I'll correct it- the city may annex surrounding villages in the metro are if this is voted on but the actual urban area won't expand yet
  • dogforcerecon
    Options
    Ok the results are in. Mojave will stay a unitary authority
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    Options
    Yeh I could see it being cool if there was no more physical expansion of claimed land. Mojave is quite large as it is and we're all anxiously awaiting the development of the claimed land. =D
  • dogforcerecon
    Options
    Mohave City only is a tiny sliver of Cactus County. Most of the nation is small towns on the outskirts of Cactus County. It only covers the southern half of the ring road currently.