Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

SHIRELINGS! WE ARE AT WAR!

Hay
Hay Lord
edited July 2016 in Shire Global News

A dawn of darkness has crested the horizon on our beloved Shire 

In the back of our minds, we all carried that tiny Ender chest which sealed away a doubt - a doubt not a single one of us wanted to acknowledge; a doubt that shakes the very ground upon which our magnificent world rests. It's the doubt of lasting peace, prosperity, love and unity among Shirelings. 
Only one time, in Shire history, have the skies darkened with clouds of canon fire and the air filled with the echos of chaos, of pain, of despair. Only one time, in Shire history, have Shirelings had to ready troops, fight once-friends, create new enemies. Yes, we all thought that the generations of Shirelings after Shire WWI would have learned from the mistakes of their ancestors, but we were mistaken. We were sorely, sorely mistaken.

Today, my fellow Shirelings, it is with a heart crushed beneath the weight of sorrow and fear for our great world that I must announce that war has been declared on my beloved nation, Laurelian. During the Shire WWI, Laurelian was a safe haven for refugees from all Shire empires, kingdoms, nations, cities and even the smallest hamlets in the most remote corners of the map. The Laurelii have always promoted peace, love and unity among Shirelings and today, they face an attack from one of the very nations they once took under their wing. And while I would love to imagine that the sole reason I am calling on my brothers, sisters, Apache helicopters, mayonnaise, toasters and mail boxes is to protect the ideals of friendship and unity, there is a much larger, much more dire need for this call to arms. 

Not many know that the Bank of Laurelian houses a vast wealth comprising the ores and riches of many of the Shire's top nations, empires and kingdoms. During the Shire WWI, many Shire leaders shipped their wealth to Laurelian for safe keeping and it has stayed there to this day, an untouched and integral piece in the Shire's economy. It may have been naive of me to believe that the Shire's wealth would stay protected under a code of honor, of trust, of solidarity, but I, too, was mistaken. One leader of one very young nation has threatened an attack on Laurelian and thus an attack on the Shire's wealth! 

If you've ever benefited from trade; if you've ever experienced the joy of owning a Shire business; if you've ever enjoyed the success of our booming economy; if you've ever enjoyed a delicious falafel from Hay's falafels or had a beer at Ayu's pub, or a coffee from Costa Copy, gone shopping in Oranjestad or enjoyed films produced in Follywood, this war is YOUR war! 
If you're a new nation on the Shire and have received aid from any of our great nations, established trade relations or have dreamed of the day your business graces shopping centers across the Shire, this is YOUR war!

And if you believe in the honored ideals of unity, friendship, love, peace and the Shireling way... this, my friends, is YOUR war!

It is time to join together and defeat this blemish on the face of the Shire; this boil on her back, this festering abscess in the gums of her mouth! TODAY we rise and teach a lesson to RIVERWOOD and its RIDICULOUS leader, Antheus!!
We've seen your act of war! We've heard your ramblings of a mad ruler! And we say NO!

See for yourselves, Shirelings! See this act of war, this promise of destruction! Antheus has officially declared war on Laurelian by burning her flag in effigy! THE MONSTER! 
Post edited by CoffeeAndChill on
John117JennerAntheusLiandria21

Comments

• John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    edited July 2016
    The Solurian Empire will send warships and medical supplies to aid the war effort! For peace! For Laurelian!
    Hay
  • Neon
    Neon Member
    Ay! Citizens of the Shire! The city of Avignon rises to the call to arms, and pitches forth it's effort against the dastard perpetrators of Riverwood. We hereby pledge allegiance and support to the Laurelian Nation. May we see peace once again.
    HayJohn117
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    edited July 2016
    Under the Mariah Carey Sisterhood Act, pure love and a concern for half of Knavobuki's wealth, I have also decided to defend the Laurelian Nation. We must find the answer for unconditional kindness between nations rather than this intolerable act of hatred we have witnessed today. We will be strong, and we will prevail.

Sidenote: All food and drinks to soldiers will be provided by companies Fresh Baked and Mugs. Always read the lable
    HayJohn117Lord_Drekar
  • Antheus
    Antheus Arbiter, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    edited July 2016
    City of Riverwood
    Official Press Release
    29 July 2016
    16:30 CDT
    UPDATED:
    30 July 2016
    06:25 CDT
    -------------------------------------------------
    It has come to the attention of riverwood officials that the nation of Laurelian has declared war on the City of Riverwood. While the cause of this irrational violence towards a peaceful nation is unknown, the hatred against Laurelian and her leader that have been present in Riverwood for an unknown period of time have grown stronger and now represent the views of 90% or more of the citizens of Riverwood. Due to this hatred, the House of Riverwood, the Senate of Riverwood, and the President of Riverwood have declared war on the nation of Laurelian and any allies of Laurelian. Due to the massive amount of support for Laurelian across the shire, the President has authorized the use of the most powerful weapons available in Riverwood, and has enacted a draft. Furthermore, the Port of Riverwood is closed indefinetly and all construction projects are halted until this conflict is resolved.
    Changes:
    Riverwood denounces Laurelian
    Riverwood denounces allies of Laurelian
    Riverwood declares war with Laurelian
    Riverwood declares war with allies of Laurelian
    Martial Law has been declared across Riverwood
    Petition to secede from Venice has been delivered to the President
    Petition faild to pass house
    All border crossings are closed
    Imigreation/Emigration Suspended
    OmgHay wanted for Treason
    OmgHay wanted for Terrorism
    Neon wanted for Treason
    Coal wanted for Conspiring against Riverwood
    Mieshoa wanted for Conspiring against Riverwood
    Phobi wanted for Treason
    Gustavobc wanted for Treason
    Liandria wanted for Terrorism
    Sammiches wanted for Terrorism
    Allies:
    East Simis

Unknown:
    Venice

End Of Press Release

Post edited by Antheus on
    John117Sammiches822MieshoaHayLord_DrekarLiandria21
  • The New Sammichian Empire denounces the city-state of Riverwood for its previous sanctions against the Empire and its aggression towards the Laurelian Nation. The Empire, though hesitant to enter war, realizes greater things (such as the stability of the Shire Dollar Zone) are at stake. 

We pledge our support to Laurelian and allied nations. The might of Imperial Armed Forces will see to it that Riverwood is crushed and may no longer threaten the peace the Shire has enjoyed following the aftermath of the First World War.

His Majesty Emperor Sammus Mephistes Inigmax Ich (the Magnificent) II has declared war on Riverwood and any Riverwood-aligned nations!
    John117Hay
  • SimCS
    SimCS Member
    edited July 2016

As you know, the city of Simiris has long been divided East and West and have been at odds with each other for decades. I have spoken with each side to hear their perspective on the new war unfolding throughout the shire.

From the east:

I, The Glorious Leader, praise Riverwood and its fight against the dirty capitalist pigs. For too long they have suppressed us and stifled our economies. East Simiris happily joins Riverwood in its battle against those that are weak. World domination is our goal and with Riverwood and its allies we can accomplish anything. I say rise up citizens of the East and all those who call themselves our friends, rise to fight this evil that has grown across our land for too long. This is WAR! And we will start firstly with unifying the city of Simiris once more under my rule so prosperity can spread to all. Fight well comrades, for the future depends on it!

From the West:

As the president of West Simiris, I offer my deepest condolences to the nation of Laurelian and its allies as our shire plunges into a dark page in history. With Riverwood's declaration of war the peaceful nature of the shire now balances on the edge of oblivion. West Simiris knows this act of balance well, situated beside the East Simirian dictatorial regime. The West wishes to join Laurelain and its allies to fight against the spread of fascism and dictatorships popping up throughout our world. We hope you will help us defend our borders too as an attack from the east is very likely imminent and would have catastrophic results for the west, our citizens, our democracy, and in extension, the shire as a whole. We stand with you in this treacherous war and wish to see a peaceful end. Stay safe.

As expected, the east joined Riverwood and the West allied with Laurelian. This makes Simiris all the more heated in its divide. The citizens of both cities are on high alert as the paranoia of war creeps into the hearts of all.

Post edited by SimCS on
    Antheus
  • The City States of the Vaelthranni Compact stand alongside their long-term allies, Laurelian. may the heresy brought forth by this tyrannical declaration be cleansed in purifying flames.

Airships will be launched from Drosvenar immediately to supply medical aid and aerial bombardment, along with airborne shock troops, to deal with this grave situation.

DOWN WITH RIVERWOOD (and its allies!). DEMOCRACY FOREVER!
    Hay
  • Archeval
    Archeval Member
    edited July 2016
    The Mirstonian Council and Head Minister Archeval will Aid Fulfwotz and Laurelian as we have in the past with what limited support the island nation of Mirstone can provide in hopes of returning back to peace.
    Sammiches822Hay
  • Liandria21
    Liandria21 Member, Wiki Editor
    edited July 2016
    Glompuia Kingdom stands alongside and will defend the Laurelian Nation and all other allied nations. We will offer any and all possible support we can provide. The Kingdom does prefer peace whenever possible, but we will not stand idly by while Laurelian Nation—who has protected so many Shirelings in the past—is being threatened.

Her Majesty Glomp Queen Lia has officially called upon the entirety of the Glompuian Royal Armed Forces to aid the Laurelian Nation, and declares war against Riverwood and all their allies.

In light of this devastating news, Her Majesty Glomp Queen Lia has also declared...
    1. That food, drinks, beer, and any needed medical aid will be provided without question to all soldiers and allies fighting on the side of Laurelian Nation (even for the New Sammichian Empire);

2. Hobbiton will provide an underground safe-haven to as many refugees of this war as possible.
    (Her Majesty Glomp Queen Lia also calls for Emperor Sammus to agree to an extension on the temporary truce between Glompuia Kingdom and New Sammichian Empire.)
    Hay
  • Maghion
    Maghion Member, Wiki Editor
    Equos Empire hereby sends troops to Laurelian to assist Laurelian nation in defending against atttacks from Riverwood and its allies. 
    Hay
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited July 2016
    The High Commission of Venezia Nuova voted today to impose an array of sanctions on Riverwood for their unauthorised secession. Read more...

Venezia Nuova denounces Riverwood. We stand with Laurelian.

The high commission of Venezia Nuova has declared WAR on the nation of Riverwood.
    Hay
  • Me the ruler of the village draconi has allied with riverwood.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    [quote="hunter926;7235"]Me the ruler of the village draconi has allied with riverwood.[/quote] The high commission of Venezia Nuova has voted to declare war on Draconi. Venice's fleet of nuclear submarines has been mobilised.
    Hay
  • Might I suggest that, in the face of overwhelming odds, you choose the wise path and surrender, before any lives are needlessly thrown away, Riverwood?
    Hay
  • nebbers
    nebbers Lord
    edited August 2016
    The Oranje County Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) today announced sanctions against Riverwood and her allies in the form of complete financial isolation. This action is consistent with the O.C. government’s commitment to continue targeting those who attempt to disrupt Laurelian hegemony in the northeast Shire.

“Riverwood's aggression poses a significant threat to regional and global security, and it will continue to be subject to international sanctions,” said Adam Szubin, acting Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.  “We have consistently made clear that Oranjestad will vigorously press sanctions against any rogue state that attempts to sponsor terrorism, cause regional destabilization, inflict human rights abuses, or pursue a ballistic missile program.”

Oranjestad is considering a military option as well, should it become necessary.
    Hay
  • CoffeeAndChill
    edited August 2016
    Venice rescinds its declaration of war on Riverwood, and reinstates Riverwood's membership of the High Commission of Venezia Nuova.

Military action against the state of Draconi is now on hold, pending review.
  • [quote="Blitheness;7257"]Venice rescinds its declaration of war on Riverwood, and reinstates Riverwood's membership of the High Commission of Venezia Nuova.

Military action against the state of Draconi is now on hold, pending review.
    [/quote]

y tho
  • @nebbers

they surrendered in the face of overwhelming defeat
  • CoffeeAndChill
    [quote="Sammiches822;7266"]@nebbers

they surrendered in the face of overwhelming defeat
    [/quote] I thought they'd disassociated from Venice so I declared war on them... then I realised they hadn't and felt like Tony Blair/George Bush.
    Hay