Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

The new Cactus County and SISA

Humzahh
Humzahh Gaijin
edited June 2017 in Gameplay

Welcome everyone, to the new Cactus County!

I am pleased and excited to introduce to you all, The Shire's newest and most technologically advanced county. With a primary focus on space exploration, Cactus County is home to the headquarters of the newly founded and developing Shire International Space Agency!

Covering the span of a few small islands on the outskirts of The Shire, Cactus County will boast a fleet of spacecraft in low-level orbit, along with the Shire International Space Station, currently a work in progress, welcoming other nations to dock with the CCM1 (Cactus County Module 1.)

Furthermore, Cactus County will devote it's efforts to research in the name of Science and Medicine, in hopes of finding cures to terminal and life threatening diseases, and in hopes of benefiting all people of the Shire.

In keeping with preserving history, Cactus County's historical district as seen in the bottom right of the aerial photograph above, will be completely spared from future plans of development and expansion. This will be done in respect to the original founders of the region,  to remember the origins of Cactus County. All other portions of the region will be demolished and rebuilt as necessary to meet the needs of our expansive scientific and medical research, as well as to pave the way to the future.

We welcome all to take a tour of the new Cactus County and, with open minds, encourage ideas for projects you might like to see us work on in the near future.

"It's a new dawn for the Shire as the Shire International Space Agency opens." - TheMysticalBard, 2016.
The new Cactus County is a joint effort between Humzahh, 5qu1dy, Phobiphantom, TheMysticalBard, and Gustavobc.
(Special thanks to Hay for help with worldedit for the SISA sign, and to TheMysticalBard for his wonderous photography!)
Post edited by Humzahh on
HaynebbersEnderKillaMythendorMillredJohn117Trizer

Comments

• SISA! love it.  Needs a wiki page :) 
    HumzahhJohn117
  • Good work so far!
    Humzahh
  • [quote="nebbers;7671"]SISA! love it.  Needs a wiki page :) [/quote]

Thanks! Lol hey, if you make it, I'll maintain it :P

[quote="EnderKilla;7675"]Good work so far![/quote]

Thanks Ender! Just wait 'till it's all finished :)
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited November 2016
    [quote="Blitheness;7714"]https://wiki.shirecraft.us/index.php?title=SISA&action=edit (You'll need to click the 'log in' link on that page—use forum details) 

;) 
    [/quote]

Oh wow, thanks blithe! Ya'll are the best. <3
  • @Humzahh This as-of-yet unfinished article on the Shire's celestial surroundings may be of great help to you and the SISA! https://wiki.shirecraft.us/index.php?title=Cabraxte_System
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited November 2016
    [quote="Sammiches822;7722"]@Humzahh This as-of-yet unfinished article on the Shire's celestial surroundings may be of great help to you and the SISA! https://wiki.shirecraft.us/index.php?title=Cabraxte_System[/quote]

That's awesome, I was wondering what to call things in the shire universe. lol Thanks for the information

Something else I've forgotten to ask - where exactly will the SISA article be located? I can't seem to find it on the main page like it says it is. Perhaps under the "Government Agencies and Organizations" header? Or will it not appear until it's fully done and I publish it?

Don't mean to sound greedy, of course, just curious is all :P
  • @Humzahh If it's an international organization, and it seems like it is, it can be added to the Government Agencies and Organizations tab. I can go ahead and add it for you. Also-- I'm working on the space article right now, so you'll have more to work with. Good luck!
  • [quote="Sammiches822;7725"]@Humzahh If it's an international organization, and it seems like it is, it can be added to the Government Agencies and Organizations tab. I can go ahead and add it for you. Also-- I'm working on the space article right now, so you'll have more to work with. Good luck![/quote]

Yeah, it's internationally driven, but for now I'm heading the main construction efforts.

And thanks Sammiches! Glad to have more to go off of :D
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited July 2017
    Dearest Shirelings,

Today is a proud day for us in Cactus County. As we continue to expand and develop, plans are underway for the public opening of SISA for visitors and guided tours. Due to extenuating circumstances on behalf of the contracted builders, construction is now headstrong and moving fast - we expect to finish completely building SISA by the end of July to Mid-August. At this point however, SISA Mission Control, or SMC, is already fully operational and leading the exploration and research efforts of the SISS.

WHzdAn8.png

We look forward to seeing familiar faces during the opening of the center. Once again, thank you for all your support!
    Post edited by Humzahh on
    Wuggeh0John117Hay
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited June 2017
    The PATHOS II facility is our underwater research and development center, our satellite location for the main SISA campus. Construction efforts for PATHOS II have been kept under wraps until now with the completion of it's construction.

B2dCrZJ.gif

We are edging closer to the final complete build date of SISA, and are as excited as anyone else to showcase what we are doing for the world.

Prepare for a long, awesome ride!
    nebbersHay