Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Oranjestad holdings for Sale

nebbers
nebbers Lord
edited May 2018 in General Chat
Oranjestad is continuing its efforts to reduce its overall colonial and extra-national holdings to instead focus primarily on the core metropolitan Oranjestad area. The following Oranjestad possessions are currently for sale - unlike the previous auctions, there is no timeline for these. These are custom built facilities for the most part and as a result are considerably more expensive than the previous Enpeecee village auctions. Efforts to help out the server, either monetarily or otherwise, are welcome - though we will accept a wide variety of bribes offers.

Rex Kwon Do is ancient city built within a swamp. It's probably full of shrunken heads too. jfln7nB.jpg

And last is the unfinished and strange Jarreau Plateau, just west of Balesgar. H4WxwgY.jpg
Post edited by nebbers on

Comments

• Is Pennsy where the Knavorelian Headmall is located?
  • GJRickard
    GJRickard Wiki Editor
    Hay wrote: »
    Is Pennsy where the Knavorelian Headmall is located?

the what
  • please check your discord private inbox sir
  • Hay wrote: »
    Is Pennsy where the Knavorelian Headmall is located?

No ma'am, that is Aboite, and it is not for sale. Unless you want it.
  • Anchorhead and Reeder have been tentatively claimed for the New Sammichian Empire! A transfer of power will occur at High Noon this Friday.

Congratulations @Sammiches822. Anchorhead was named after a one-liner spoken by none other than Luke Skywalker himself in A New Hope. The city itself is littered with references to Burning Man camp names and art installations.

Reeder is named after Dan Reeder, an obscure folk singer-songwriter whose poetic, off-color, and often inappropriate lyrics will cut you to the core. https://www.danreeder.com The city architecture is themed after /warp sargoth and those magnificent roofs.
    Sammiches822
  • nebbers
    nebbers Lord
    edited May 2018
    I forgot to include a town:

Shadynasty. That's pronounced Shuh-Dynasty, not Shady Nasty. Got it? .......

1jyscI4.jpg
    Post edited by nebbers on
  • Shadynasty is tentatively claimed for The Republic of Orange and Purple! Congrats @Wuggeh0. Shadynasty is named after a character/bar from IASIP: https://youtu.be/g_fXDhhSOsk. The town itself was developed alongside Anchorhead, and as such has lots of Burning Man camp and art installation names. The wiki page was written using Darjeeling, India as the template - which I thought was appropriate considering Shadynasty is on what seems like a misty plateau well-suited for growing tea.
    Wuggeh0
  • Judge_Dreddpool
    Judge_Dreddpool Member, Wiki Editor
    Nebbers has one new audio message. Would you like to open it?

[Clicks yes]

Opening mp3 file. Title: "Bidding Offer for Neb's Mountain Home" | Sender: [ERROR]@[ERROR].com

Greetings to the rulers of Oranjestad. As you may recall, we, the Judge's, were unsuccessful in obtaining the settlement known as "Voynich". However, we are now interested in acquiring Neb's Mountain Home for the purpose of creating a home base for our people. Our offer from the last attempt has been altered and will now include:
    • Talks of a trade partnership between the two aforementioned parties
    • An annual supply of minerals from Neb's Mountain Home's surrounding locations split 30/70 between the Judge's & Oranjestad, with the 70% going to Oranjestad
    • Payment of 75,000 Credits upfront
    • Veteran Street Judge Dredd & Chief Judge Fargo to meet with Lord Nebbers to discuss possibility of creating a taskforce comprised of the very best Judge's & Oranjestadian soldiers to tackle threats from various sources (Rival Nations, Undead, The Dark Judge's (Judge's Death, Fire, Fear & Mortis), Unearthly etc..)
    • Wind Turbines and/or Dams to be built as a means of bringing electricity to the location
    If this offer interests you, then we await a response to see if our bid is accepted.
    Judge [CENSORED]
    IapetusIIWuggeh0
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    edited May 2018
    With the Laurelii being well-known for their conservation efforts and are descendants from space travelers, it's become a matter of great import that we bid on Cosmic Space Worm.
    We would like to preserve its new Shire habitat and help the worm live comfortably and safely for the rest of its time on the Shire.
    Post edited by Hay on
    John117Judge_DreddpoolWuggeh0
  • Nebbers has one new audio message. Would you like to open it?

[Clicks yes]

Opening mp3 file. Title: "Bidding Offer for Neb's Mountain Home" | Sender: [ERROR]@[ERROR].com

Greetings to the rulers of Oranjestad. As you may recall, we, the Judge's, were unsuccessful in obtaining the settlement known as "Voynich". However, we are now interested in acquiring Neb's Mountain Home for the purpose of creating a home base for our people. Our offer from the last attempt has been altered and will now include:
    • Talks of a trade partnership between the two aforementioned parties
    • An annual supply of minerals from Neb's Mountain Home's surrounding locations split 30/70 between the Judge's & Oranjestad, with the 70% going to Oranjestad
    • Payment of 75,000 Credits upfront
    • Veteran Street Judge Dredd & Chief Judge Fargo to meet with Lord Nebbers to discuss possibility of creating a taskforce comprised of the very best Judge's & Oranjestadian soldiers to tackle threats from various sources (Rival Nations, Undead, The Dark Judge's (Judge's Death, Fire, Fear & Mortis), Unearthly etc..)
    • Wind Turbines and/or Dams to be built as a means of bringing electricity to the location
    If this offer interests you, then we await a response to see if our bid is accepted.
    Judge [CENSORED]

I appreciate the offer but after further consideration I've decided to take this property off the market and keep it for Oranjestad.
  • Judge_Dreddpool
    In light of the removal of Neb's Mountain Home from the auction, we, the Judge's, have turned our attention to Pennsy. Our offer from the previous location still stands, so choose wisely.
  • In light of the removal of Neb's Mountain Home from the auction, we, the Judge's, have turned our attention to Pennsy. Our offer from the previous location still stands, so choose wisely.

We have concerns about the Judges' ability to govern this area effectively, considering the Judges have no discernible existing territory; no cities, no government facilities or services, and no source for tax revenue. With respect, we decline this offer. Should the Judges build a sizable nation, we will reconsider.
    Judge_Dreddpool
  • Judge_Dreddpool
    We understand why the offer for Pennsy was declined due to the reasons above. However, construction of our 1st City (Known as Brit-City One) is set to begin sometime in Early 2019 (IRL: I need new PC before I can start building) We'd appreciate it if Oranjestad was able to supply building materials in exchange for minerals from the surrounding area as a partnership of sorts.
  • We understand why the offer for Pennsy was declined due to the reasons above. However, construction of our 1st City (Known as Brit-City One) is set to begin sometime in Early 2019 (IRL: I need new PC before I can start building) We'd appreciate it if Oranjestad was able to supply building materials in exchange for minerals from the surrounding area as a partnership of sorts.

We'd like to see you prosper and we'll do what we can to help
    Judge_Dreddpool
  • Judge_Dreddpool
    edited May 2018
    nebbers wrote: »
    We understand why the offer for Pennsy was declined due to the reasons above. However, construction of our 1st City (Known as Brit-City One) is set to begin sometime in Early 2019 (IRL: I need new PC before I can start building) We'd appreciate it if Oranjestad was able to supply building materials in exchange for minerals from the surrounding area as a partnership of sorts.

We'd like to see you prosper and we'll do what we can to help

To quote a fictional parody of the real-life terrorist Osam Ben Ladle (Who was eventually assassinated by Oranjestadian Marines in 2011 following several attacks across the Shire) from the movie Postal 1.5 (By Mitchell Bay & Uwe Ball):
    Georgie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    (OOC note: This comment itself is a parody of Osama Bin Laden's final words from the movie Postal (Made solely by Uwe Boll).
  • Cosmic Space Worm City has been sold to Laurelian! Congratulations @Hay. Your new village was once the site of the Fraggle Rock Quarry, where tyros could mine for resources. It was named after The Cosmic Space Worm art installation at Burning Man - which was there in 2017 so I didn't get to see it http://www.tylerfuquacreations.com/the-cosmic-space-worm.html
    Hay
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    In light of the removal of Neb's Mountain Home from the auction, we, the Judge's, have turned our attention to Pennsy. Our offer from the previous location still stands, so choose wisely.

We have concerns about the Judges' ability to govern this area effectively, considering the Judges have no discernible existing territory; no cities, no government facilities or services, and no source for tax revenue. With respect, we decline this offer. Should the Judges build a sizable nation, we will reconsider.

Athitica would like to take control of Pennsy to take back control of the Skodabed Winery and add it to the list of our premium vineyards across the Shire.
  • Jimmy wrote: »

Athitica would like to take control of Pennsy to take back control of the Skodabed Winery and add it to the list of our premium vineyards across the Shire.

And your offer, my good sir?
    CoffeeAndChill
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    Jimmy wrote: »

I wont reference your age in a negative way for a month :)
    Judge_Dreddpool
  • John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    Hot Damn! That's a steal, I see him mention that every 6 minutes!
  • Jimmy wrote: »
    Jimmy wrote: »

I wont reference your age in a negative way for a month :)

Pass.

Judge_Dreddpool
  • Just two properties left: Jarreau Plateau and Rex Kwon Do
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Venice is interested in Rex Kwon Do!

We'll fund a new rail link between Oranjestad County and Rex Kwon Do, subsidise all rail travel between Venice County and Oranjestad territories for 12 months, and offer free tuition at Università di Venezia Nuova to residents of Rex Kwon Do with half-price student accommodation!
  • Venice can have Rex Kwon Do. I'll have my people contact your people and make the transition.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Anchorhead and Reeder have been tentatively claimed for the New Sammichian Empire! A transfer of power will occur at High Noon this Friday.

Railway link completed :-)