Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

New Development in Oranjestad

ORANJESTAD -

The Oranje County Council has approved a plan to develop the old Vladimir Orchesky farmland, recently purchased by Shire Holdings LTD, as they move forward with a new project that will bring several retail locations, a theater, an open-air mall, and a residential community to the area just east of Meijin Hills. 

The area, dubbed Aboite, will include new road construction and will expand Oranjestad as far east as the still-developing Pennsy & Monon community, and as far south as the ShireBound LLC data center. Future plans for Phase II may expand the area as far south as Carvenhall, and envelope the ancient Bakajin Tribunal.  The area may be subdivided into multiple neighborhoods as needed.

"The area we are looking at, there is all this green stuff there. So when you redevelop the land and put buildings there, then we get rid of that green stuff, which is good for the city. When I look at a map and see green stuff, I get angry.  I’m just glad I can help pave over this area”, said Philip Dunlap, Oranjestad’s Director of Economic Development.  

The area is expected to create hundreds of new jobs. ShireBound LLC has already announced they will be constructing a second data center, and two retail shops are under construction currently.

"It seems like everyone is excited about ShireBound LLC expanding their footprint,” Dunlap said. “As long as it helps cover up this green stuff, then I’m happy. I’m not sure what a data center is.”

Dunlap says this is just another step in an effort to expand Oranjestad into an unstoppable behemoth, swallowing other communities whole and siphoning tax dollars from far flung corners of Oldeshire. "With major public improvements going on in east Oranje County and the private investments being made in this area, there is no doubt months from now folks will see a transformation - from green fields and mountains to flattened asphalt."

"We are getting investment out there. That is the reason for the public effort to change the character of the area and make it a vibrant part of the Oranjestad region, and make people want to go out there to participate and shop. I'm feeling positive about the efforts that the city is putting in to denature the area and make the land a beautiful sea of dark gray streets and light gray buildings,” Dunlap said.

The construction has already begun on the south side of the Atoms For Peace highway, adjacent to the Aeolus Remnants neighborhood. Any business owners interested in building or leasing a space, please contact nebbers.

---------------

Jerry Sphinky: "Vladimir killed my mother! And raped my father! I'm happy to see his land bulldozed.

Susan B. Buchre: "I heard Colonial Ben was thinking of opening a real brewery here! Perhaps the start of a glorious franchise?"

Gertrude Winnoga: "It'll never get finished!"

Chief Fist a Cat: "My peoples lived here before Vladimir opened his farm. I prayed that his farm be shut down - but I neglected to mention that I'd like the land returned to nature and returned to my people, not paved over.  It's my fault... the spirits did exactly as I prayed".

Ash Venchuk: "Dunlap sounds like an idiot". 

HayLord_DrekarEnderKilla

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    "...then we get rid of that green stuff, which is good for the city..."

Spoken like a true greedy Economic Developer. 

I wonder if people from Chief Fist a Cat's tribe will be picketing =o
    Lord_DrekarCoffeeAndChill