Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Shire Album!

Options
EnderKilla
EnderKilla Arbiter
edited April 2016 in General Chat
So after a few hours of running around with shaders, teleporting through all 200+ warps, crashing multiple times cause apparently my NVIDIA driver hates shaders, and uploading 150+ photos, here's the 2016 Shire Album!

If you would like to, below in the comments put in a description for one of the pictures such as: who the builder is, backstory to it, when it was built and etc, and I will add it to the album. If not, I will try put mine own later.

As for now, I will wait for Summer and when rails are updated to share this publically. Enjoy!
Post edited by Hay on

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ender, this is seriously awesome!! =D

For Laurelian you can put:
    This city is a result of a bet made between two mods. After completing it in 7 months and winning the bet (with the help of a rallying effort of several members in the last two hours of the last day), Hay retired from building.... The retirement lasted 12 days.
  • EnderKilla
    Options
    @Hay Ok I added the description, and thanks. :D
  • Sammiches822
    Options
    wonderful job edward!!!

For Fulfwotz:
    A sprawling city infested with crime, corruption, and drugs, serving as the capital of the film industry and the playground of the rich, famous, and elite as gangs tear apart the poorer areas of the city. Fulfwotz is the capital of the crooked New Sammichian Empire. It was built by Sammiches822 in the summer of 2013, and is still being expanded regularly.

Caffa:
    A hot and scenic city, Caffa rests on an isle and contains a massive port guarded by the towering Colossus di Caffa. The city embodies stereotypical Mediterranean irresponsibility, being nearly bankrupt and relying on the waning fiscal generosity of its parent, the New Sammichian Empire. It is plagued by a feuding aristocracy which divide the Caffa into many factions. It was first built by Sammiches822 in late 2014, before being put on halt for a year. It is now being worked on regularly.

I'll get to the others when I'm less sleepy <3 
  • EnderKilla
    Options
    @Sammiches822 Aw, thanks bb.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited April 2016
    Options
    • watch out for the station info signs that have variable names showing. like %rail_lineName -- they'll be fixed when the next trains update is applied.
    • Looks like there's a picture of Lost without the town name by it, under uni of clementine pics.
    • Could the Babylon pics have slightly more clarity? I'm not sure of the effort involved there/how easy it would be.
    • Could the railway items do with being a bit more dispersed throughout the album?
    • Might be worth changing the blue wool at Sakura to pink (and re-taking picture)... I'm pretty sure Sakura means cherry blossom.
    • I really like the pic at Slyy (mansions).
    • Venezia Toria railway station might be worth a highlight. The big one (by Mieshoa) from the railway stations competition).
    • Maybe highlight Wytapcha station as the tiniest one on the network? :-P
    • Mainland library didn't seem to get a highlight. Could maybe mention something about the census we did? There's some cool visualisation there, even though the number of respondents was quite low :P
    • Slyy's been working on something neat, near to /warp Carvenhall. Worth a look?
    • What about Petra? Can that be made prettier with shaders?
    • Also... Drosvenar railway station is quite nice. I think.
    • Thank you for your efforts!

-- Fin. --
  • nebbers
    Options
    Aboite:

Just one of the 18 unique neighborhoods of the megacity Oranjestad.  It is the newest addition to metropolitan area and is known for its spacious parks.

Belthil: 

A towering structure of mystical origins - Belthil predates most of the cities on the server, dating from January 2011.  Built by Elathuria and nebbers.

Bloodmist:

A quaint village with sinister secrets.  This village dates to early 2011 and was built by Elathuria.

Bree:

The most famous village on the Shire - this suburb of the Mainland was built primarily by Studmuffin and his brother Mr. Stu.  A Youtube video about the village has amassed 275,000 views.

Brutalpest College:

This design and architecture college was born out of one of the many Build Competitions that are hosted on the server.

Oranjestad:

An eclectic tiered megacity.  This city is jam packed with homes, stores, and secrets.  It was started in June 2012 as a Build Competition for Infrastructure by nebbers.

• nebbers
    Options
    These look fantastic too, btw!
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Knavobuki:
    Knavobuki is a bustling city with a successful economy and population, credited for being greatly multicultural thanks to its ease of access. Originally situated on a single island, Knavobuki rapidly expanded onto land to further assert its presence as a major city in the Shire. Thanks to the installation of buildings such as the Knavobuki Theatre and the Knavobuki Mall, it has also become a popular city for tourists to visit. Knavobuki's construction began in 2013 and is a collaborative build between GJRickard and Mieshoa.

Thank you for the effort you put into getting these screenshots! :) They're excellent!
  • EnderKilla
    EnderKilla Arbiter
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Nebbers @Mieshoa Thank you! Added your descriptions!

@Andy Requests finished except for number 2 about Lost.. I'm a bit "lost" with that one if you could help me with it.

- Added Dynmap picture from Oct. 2011, Source: Nebbers :D
    Post edited by EnderKilla on
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Options
    [quote=Hay]I could see Chonin/Nabityo not really needing to be in the album. A banned player made that and it's very unfinished.
    *reminds self to delete warp*[/quote] It has a train station, so feel free to kill the warp. Don't get rid of the town. I'll be somewhat unhappy if I have to re-route a line.
  • Mieshoa
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [quote="Hay;5381"]I could see Chonin/Nabityo not really needing to be in the album. A banned player made that and it's very unfinished.
    *reminds self to delete warp*[/quote]

Lol I need a 'shady' or 'damn' react button xD
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    RIP my underground cities, too dark for shader shots xD
  • Mieshoa
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [quote="Andy;5396"]'Lol I need a 'shady' or 'damn' react button xD' That'd be nice, wouldn't it?
    [/quote]

OMG YES MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    Babylon: 

An underwater paradise following in the grand tradition of laissez-faire capitalism and scientific abominations! Visit today! 
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Options
    There's a cool build at

(-72, 38, 588) :-) Check it out