Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Town/city ideas?

Mieshoa
Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
edited January 2014 in General Chat
As some of you may or may not know, earlier this year I embarked on a prject that consisted on making a city based off Hong Kong on a small island. However, recentlyI received news that it will probably be moved to New Vashon (read Shire building guidelines) so that idea may come to a close. Although I definitely will continue making skyscrapers and working on the ones I have already made, I will definitely need to start a new city/town.
However, I have attempted to find a theme for it, but I have failed miserably, and all the ideas I have brainstormed have already been done :(
So I'm looking for unique city/town ideas down below! Also, collabs are accepted! Thanks :)

Comments

• nebbers
    nebbers Lord
    edited January 2014
    How about Santorini?  
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/HlLB3L1.jpg[/img]
    Post edited by CoffeeAndChill on
  • idk if it's just me, but if you posted a picture of santorini, there is nothing showing apart from a big blank grey box... bizarre. Lob's renders showed, though, so idk why this isn't
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Ditto Drekar
  • ahh now it works. :P it looks cool ^^ pretty unique place... lotta crosses on top of those domes >.<
  • Mieshoa
    So thats where those yogurt adverts were set! XD Very nice place... But at the pictures I've looked at its quite repetitive :\ maybe a mix of bermuda? :o
  • You know you don't have to copy it exactly! Use it as inspiration and make it your own. :)
  • Mieshoa
    Definitely :) Thanks for the advice
  • Just an idea, Mie!  The reason I suggested that was because I once made an attempt at a city like Santorini and failed miserably.  Hmm... what other styles?  What about...

• Or the Earthscraper in Mexico... underground pyramid city, essentially....  http://www.evolo.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/earthscraper-mexico-2.jpg
  • those are damn cool. 
  • Mieshoa
    Those are freakin epic. Are they modern though :o?
  • Nothing wrong with modern... the issue is modern skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere.  MC builders love to build skyscrapers without any city to support it... and it keeps Mr. Wolf busy... 

Is there a particular theme or style you're interested?  Or a part of history you admire?  You could make something based on your favorite country or era...
  • Mieshoa
    I both like the contrast of modern and older types of builds... London is a really good example of this contrast... Also really like Hong Kong, Shanghai, and basically all Chinese cities. Also like zen styles and pagodas. But pagodas have definitely been done
  • Here's an idea:  an dark creepy city like this on the shire:

• that's badass. I want
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    An appropriate excuse to use a sky biome :D