Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Shaderpack technical question

Options
Kxmode
Kxmode Member
edited June 2016 in Support Area
Hi, all!

I picked up GLSL Shaders Mod and the four Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.1 packs: 

SEUS v10.1 Standard
SEUS v10.1 Ultra
SEUS v10.1 Ultra DOF
SEUS v10.1 Ultra Motion Blur

At the moment I'm running SEUS v10.1 Ultra DOF with the following options:

Everything looks AMAZING! However, I've encountered a problem the text. While the shader is running the text looks like white squares. 

Menu: http://screencast.com/t/dIkBD9ky8g (this is a bigger problem for obvious reasons)

I want to keep the shader, but I also would like to read the text; especially the menu text. Does anyone know how to fix this? If this is simply an issue unique to the Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders could you recommend another excellent shader pack that won't do this to the text?

Thank you!

P.S. I recently subscribed to ShireCraft via Paypal ($5 p/month). I thought mentioning that may help me get quick support. ;)

Comments

• Sammiches822
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure how to fix your issue, but thanks for the donation! It's much appreciated!
  • Kxmode
    Kxmode Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this helps, but the text in single player looks okay with the shaderpack active.

I noticed that the font on ShireCraft didn't look like the native MineCraft font. Perhaps the font itself isn't compatible with the shader. Is there any way for me to change the ShireCraft font from my side? I think it would be good to see if changing the font makes a difference.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    We don't enforce a custom texture pack so there's nothing we're doing that should be changing your font. :/ Has anyone else reported this as a bug to the shader plugin developer?
  • Kxmode
    Kxmode Member
    Options
    Nice to know. I've posted a message to the Shader's author in the official forum thread. Hopefully, he may provide a clue. The good news is he announced 11.0 less than a week ago that may fix the problem. Or at the very least he's now aware of it, and he may be able to fix it before 11.0's release.

In the meantime, I'm trying out some Minecraft font packs from Curse to see if these provide some solution.