Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

How can I access the railway?

Hi,

I am new to the server and I heard from it on a german gamer and pc hardcore user news site. Now I really want to try your railway system because only the map looks really cool. A few guys on the server said that the railway is currently down or in maintenance? Can you say why you disabled it and when we can ride with it again?

Thank you,
jacboy

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    Hi, jacoby
    The rail lines are down at the moment, due to the trains plugin not being updated to 1.9 yet.
    Sorry for the inconvenience - but please feel free to do /fly ingame and follow the lines that way. =)
  • jacboy
    jacboy Member
    Hi Hay,

thanks for your fast answer. Which plugin are you using? Maybe I can take a look at it. A few months ago I did a few plugins on my own, but only for my personal usage. I don't run a server anymore, I don't have that much time and money to spend on it.

[quote="Hay;6179"]but please feel free to do /fly ingame and follow the lines that way. =)[/quote]

Yeah, I did, but it's not the same. Not that much fun as in a minecart. 

Have a good night (it's 10pm in Germany :D),
    jacboy
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    @andy will be who you'd want to talk to about it. Thank you for offering the help!
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Hi jacboy,

The railway network uses TrainCarts, which depends on the BKCommonLib plugin library.

They have a GitHub repo. at https://GitHub.com/bergerhealer/traincarts

It needs updating to support at least MC 1.9.4 - that's Minecraft server 1.9R2

The current plugin maintainers don't seem to understand what they're doing. To be fair to them, the code for that plugin is a huge mess.

It would probably be better to recreate the plugin. The critical features are cart spawning, station stops, max speed limits and railway junctions.

Best regards,
    Andy

This discussion has been closed.