Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

ummm i have a idea for the shire

Options
Passout9
Passout9 Member
edited February 2014 in Off Topic
i ran it by nebbers so ummm well *faceplam* you know what im taking a nap ill finish this later

so every year for one week can the shire do a modded survival thing? so like a poll is put up one month in advance asking what mod to do. i want to see if this is can happen so we can do something fun. eg have a pixelmon challenge if we do the pixelmon mod. this idea came up when talking to some of my friends who are on the server and we thought that if this chould happen it add something fun for all the players to look forword to and they would donate more to have the server run longer. 
Post edited by Passout9 on

Comments

• Maghion
    Maghion Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    you gotta expand on that idea. I don't think many people want to vote on a very generic idea
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    ermmm what?
  • Passout9
    Passout9 Member
    edited February 2014
    Options
    its been updated
    Post edited by Passout9 on
  • Passout9
    Options
    well it looks like its failing great i give up on try to give fun ideas that may help donations but whatever it seem you all hate whatever i suggest
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    it's not about hating or liking it. it's the fact that modding the entire server will damn near break everything, and having to then fix it all AGAIN 1 week later is counter productive. It's a nice idea, but it's just not realistic. It has nothing to do with people's personal opinions of you
  • Passout9
    Passout9 Member
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Actually you just use a new world and start it as a fresh server for a week.
    It's just a thought. I ran it by nebbers he said he likes it but no one else does....
    so it just dies like everything else i suggest.... 
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    Options
    Its a nice idea but realistically, not gonna happen... First things first, most complex mods, such as pixelmon, require Forge and the required mod to be installed. Installing mods is a hassle and some people can't do it and if they can't if this event were to occur, would not be able to join the server.
    Secondly people would not be able to access projects and builds they were working on for a week.
    Thirdly, I don't even think at this point the server can install mods, and if it can like Drekar said, a fresh new world would be prerequisite.
  • Passout9
    Options
    ^
    |
    |
    first look at my comment it said that a new world would be used and really if you need help installing pixelmon or anymod i would post a detailed guide.

second it would be picked by the staff/server. they would pick a date, a mod.

third if you need to build that bad you have pick a weird way to use all your time 
  • nebbers
    Options
    :( dont put words in my mouth plz.
  • mtbrgeek
    mtbrgeek Member, Retired Staff
    Options
    so, youre bashing mie for wanting to be able to work on his existing projects instead of doing what you want? are you also that kid that changes the rules of the game in the middle to benifit you and only you?
  • Lord_Drekar
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It's a nice idea. it's just not possible. try suggesting more things that don't need any outside mods beyond server-side plugins - At least those are more feasible. Also, the idea of minecraft is to build things. If you don't like it, don't play it. Not everyone plays this game for the mods - just because Mie likes to build, doesn't give you the right for judging him for not doing what you want. :S
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    If you like server mods I don't understand why you wouldn't want to just play on a server which runs the mod 24/7 :/ forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there's thousands of them, and if you feel like returning to Vanilla, you can do that too! It's the beauty of Minecraft, you don't have to play in one specific way, but likewise it's not good to change this server from the way everyone's used to (and enjoys) as it's a lot of unneeded hassle and effort from the Lords who already do so much, not to mention the huge drop in productivity everyone would have "Should I build hugely detailed city with these microblocks? Nah, it'll be gone in a week"

Not to mention not all of our players wouldn't know how to install mods, good idea but I just can't see it fitting with our community.

And trust me, these decisions aren't made on the popularity of a player, you could take the most popular player on the server (me obviously *wink wink*) and the same suggestion would recieve  the same response :/

Point made, rant over. 
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    Don't make a suggestion and be rude to members who offer constructive criticism.

This has gone too off-topic. Locked.

Feel free to recreate this if you wish to, taking suggestions posted here into account.
This discussion has been closed.