Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Attack of the B-Team Shire Server?

Options
GJRickard
GJRickard Wiki Editor
edited February 2014 in General Chat
So, I was thinking earlier, That we should have a Attack of the B-Team Server! We would have alot of different blocks like Micro Blocks, ect. 

I think this would be good for our fellow builders! More Creative builds for all of us! This was another one of my very short Discussions. Dislike if you may, It does not hurt me. 

Comments

• nebbers
    Options
    I dont know what a b-team server is
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    I don't know what that means either.. sounds like it involves mods though, given that micro blocks don't exist in vanilla
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    Wouldn't that require either hosting an entirely different server or replacing the current one? :/
  • GJRickard
    GJRickard Wiki Editor
    Options
    I think that would, Ben. Also, Attack of the B-Team is a Tekkit based Modded Minecraft. Google Attack of the B-Team. Its a very fun mod pack. Try it your selves! http://www.technicpack.net/attack-of-the-bteam
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    Hmmmm, I remember bringing something similar up quite a long time ago, but asked if it were possible using Multiverse (what allows more worlds than the Overworld, Nether and End) but I believe it isn't, and hosting a new server would add huge costs to the server as replacing the existing one is out of the question. Maybe until Minecraft either adds microblocks or adds mod support for servers (like resource packs) then I don't think this could even be considered  ~:>
  • nebbers
    nebbers Lord
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah, no.  Entirely different server = no go.  Sorry.  We dont have the time for something like that, or the resources.  That's like a full time job.  Giev me $10,000 and I'll do it. 
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    running this one is pretty close to a full time job already, I'd have thought. especially things like the rails 
  • Maghion
    Maghion Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    A full time job that Nebs nor the other staff does not get paid for. Time to start charging subscription. ;-)
  • mtbrgeek
    mtbrgeek Member, Retired Staff
    Options
    WOOHOO gettin paid to be Lord
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    [code]mtbrgeek: WOOHOO gettin paid to be Lord[/code]

Yay! :D 
  • GJRickard
    GJRickard Wiki Editor
    Options
    Well, I just though it was a good idea... Anyways.. None of this happened.  :-S
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    because it's not a practical suggestion :P