Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Another Building Competition Suggestion?

Options
Mieshoa
Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
edited March 2014 in General Chat
A few weeks ago I talked about a suggestion for the building competition, but today I have another.
My proposal/suggestion is that we have collaborated building competition builds. What this means is that two people join forces to create a build for the building competition.
Now how teams would be picked? Either:
A) Lords decide who to put together. However, they must team people fairly, for example not teaming to very good architects/builders and teaming to poor builders.
B) The participants choose who they would like to be with and from this admins will try to choose teams where they get to be with that person. If that person has been put with another person already, the admins will team them with another person they would be with. However, this might result in them teaming with a person they would rather not be with.

Comments

• zachery11
    Options
    Great idea Mie!!
      :D
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    We've tried this before, but there are generally not enough entrants & certain people give up and leave other team member(s) to do all the work.
  • Mieshoa
    Options
    Oh that's a shame :) thanks for taking notice!-
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    I'd be happy to give it a go if at least 10 people want to take part (5 teams of 2)
  • Lobstrex
    Options
    I'm up for this.
  • Mieshoa
    Options
    Sounds cool! :) We should make note of participants who would like to do it before though - if we don't get enough
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    If we get that many people, I think we should have random team pairings of the entrants. It'd be more interesting to see what happens then. :)
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    I'd like to see something like this (work) might give a few people (no names) more incentive to finish (or even start) a BC build, not to mention some of the greatness that comes out of collaborative builds! Interesting concept! :)
  • Prey
    Prey Member, Retired Staff
    Options
    I like this. We should try and have a go. 
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    I'm up for taking part. :P
  • Mieshoa
    Options
    Me too would be a unique comp! And ad ben says amazing things can come out of collabs!