After about 5 hours of command block copy-pasta, I've created a stable, reliable form of rail acceleration.
- it works by detecting "marker blocks" under the rails. In the screenshot, the markers are gold and gold ore blocks
- gold block marks acceleration over the next straight section, up until the two gold ore blocks.
- it only works for straight sections. New marker blocks need to be re-applied after corners.
- it is tag based, meaning that only minecarts on STA will be affected.
- it is completely player-independent, meaning that all tags are info are stored on minecarts.
- acceleration can potentially support slopes and diagonals, but it requires more copy pasting.
- confirmed to be multiplayer-compatible as I tested the track with multiple creepers.
- since the command ties to minecarts, the rider, be it a mob or a player, doesn't matter.
- if an accident happens, the player can simply hop out and re-place the cart to refresh the tags.
- the only possible accidents are derailing at junctions and getting stuck in the wrong direction.
- simply don't let carts speed through junctions, only place markers at straight sections.
- directions should not be a problem since Andy's STA mod removes friction.
- it accelerates to 20 blocks/second, however can be modified to support 40, 60 or 80.
- the carts never derail if marked properly.
- it uses a coordinate system to create the illusion of fast movement, so the speed of carts are unchanged.
- tags can be erased by a single command block on detector rail at the stations. This is mostly a fail-safe, but any special carts with STA-routing tags will also be wiped. Use with caution.
- it currently only accelerates carts on regular tracks, but with copy-paste can support any type of rail.
Here are the command blocks:
The left column are the accelerators, commands in order are:
The center column are the start-marker detectors, commands are:
The right column are the end-marker detectors (green blocks), commands are:
The station command block that clears tags contains:
Here's the test track:
Gold blocks indicate acceleration towards gold ores.
Here's the test track in stress test:
The creepers have been going on their accelerated loopy journey throughout the duration of me writing this post.
Note about lag: shouldn't be an issue as long as the command block output is set to X. 8 repeating command blocks is miniscule.