Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Zeena K. Ritz-Khalifa Sworn In Following Landslide Victory In NSE Elections

Options
brAjnYq.jpg
High Chancellor Ritz-Khalifa delivers her inauguration speech to crowds from the Chancelleric Balcony. Pictured left to right are: Stephen Savoy, Kiera C. Krugerrand, Zeena Komal Ritz-Khalifa, Emperor Sammich, and Dago Vueres.

FULFWOTZ- Following a turbulent emergency election shrouded by controversy and the alleged misdeeds of Kiera C. Krugerrand, UPP candidate Zeena Komal Ritz-Khalifa has been sworn in as the new High Chancellor of the New Sammichian Empire.

Ritz-Khalifa had achieved a landslide victory, bringing in approximately half of all votes counted within the Empire. Her success shocked many, as the FMP candidate Dago Vueres had an assured victory within his line of sight. Vueres had brought in 28.6% of votes registered, mainly from Demmatrodine voters closer to the capital of Fulfwotz. The miscalculations of polling centers which had predicted success for Vueres can be attributed to a lack of data from poorer parts of the Empire, which had swung heavily towards Ritz-Khalifa and the UPP, and a lack of Enpeecee participation in early polls, as Enpeecees are among the largest demographics of UPP supporters. Vueres has accepted the role of Minister of State in Ritz-Khalifa's administration, the former acknowledging Vueres's valuable experience in international politics despite crossing party lines. The CCP candidate, Stephen Savoy, gained 21.4% of the vote and will continue work in the capital as a political consultant and analyst.

After her victory was announced last night to great fanfare, marking the first UPP High Chancellor in two decades, Ritz-Khalifa was inaugurated this afternoon preceding the High Chancellor's Parade celebration in Capitolae, the administrative borough of Fulfwotz. The new High Chancellor delivered a speech, outlining the main goals of her administration and what she hopes to achieve. Among her primary points were:
  • Greater restrictions on the availability of firearms in the Empire
  • Launch of urban renewal initiatives in areas such as Fulfton, Sandy Shores, and Farside Park
  • Larger police presence in crime-susceptible areas, as well as greater penalties for corruption and police brutality
  • Stricter economic regulation
  • Initiative to tackle government corruption
  • A second Caffan Referendum bill to determine the political future of Caffa

The elections were declared free and fair by a committee of SUN electoral monitors, sent to Fulfwotz in the aftermath of former High Chancellor Kiera C. Krugerrand's alleged electoral fraud. The New Sammichian Empire is the only developed nation in the Shire in which monitors have been deemed necessary to oversee the democratic process. The Office of the Emperor heavily contested their involvement, calling it an "unnecessary desecration of Imperial politics." The Secretary-General of the Shire United Nations Isaac Lazard responded by stressing the importance of fair democratic elections in the New Sammichian Empire, given its influence and permanent seat on the SUN Security Council. Ritz-Khalifa eagerly supported the decision, a move which may have swayed more voters in her favor.

Ritz-Khalifa has spent her first night in the High Chancellor's Mansion, and has received calls of congratulations from various world leaders, including the Mathaana Semmelani of Laurelian. Both the High Chancellor and Mathaana expressed their desire for a warmer and more cooperative relationship than was seen in Krugerrand's contentious administration. The Emperor will host a dinner for the Imperial and Chancelleric families tonight at Castle Mugg, a centuries-old tradition since the restoration of the monarchy following the Fulfwotz Civil War.

~SGN Online, helping you act like you care~
Eric Van Kamp, Mainland- we'll see how long this one lasts

Cintha Vux, Fulfwotz- I was under the impression that the wealthiest candidate would win?

Queenie Taft, Budapest- damn thought I had a chance ha

Trent Radisson, Fulfton- ritz-khaLEAVEa can KISS,MY Ass.... I work 9hrs +a day to come home and hit my wife.......ritz wants to spy on me and im not about to have MY FREEDOMS violated I moved to the nse for one very spacific reason. the point is savoy won and ritz is not my chancelor because im FREE and im a DEMMATRODIN TRUCKER FUCKER
TRENDING NOW ON SGN
Activists Seek To End Athitica Weevil-Eating Festival
Fulfwotz Tech Giant Hexagon Unveils Screenless Smartphone
Oranjestad CEO Sued For Making Employee Eat Woodchips
Circus Lion Escapes Enclosure; Kills 16

Comments

• nebbers
    Options
    On behalf of the Oranjestad people, congratulations! May we continue to live in peace.

• CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    I feel so much safer now... :)
  • Wuggeh0
    Wuggeh0 Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    *wrings hands suspiciously*

Excellent....