Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

BREAKING NEWS: Plague storyline abandoned; author rethinks life, purpose

Options
In a shocking turn of events, the developing storyline of a plague sweeping across Oranjestad, leading to significant political and social upheaval, has been abandoned by its creator.

"I just got bored", said Lord Nebbers, ruler of Oranjestad. "My original plan was for a plague to continue to sweep across Oranjestad, leading to the rise of the 'Confederation of Independent States', a group of towns that would join together to support each other, now that their primary benefactor Oranjestad was cut off. The CIS would eventually challenge Oranjestad and draw away many Oranjestad colonies, leading to a prolonged conflict. All the while, we hear rumors of the Jarreau cult in the east - and then we would discover that the cult was behind the plague all along and they were pulling the strings on the CIS to create an oppressive theocracy. But then I just thought it was too much work to make it 'real' and I got tired."

Fans of the fictional story had mixed reactions - many stating they would have liked to have seen the conclusion. "I mean, maybe it would work better as a movie", one fan stated.

Al Jarreau Jr., Jarreau: Oh thank God - I've been getting harassed nonstop by people thinking this was real.

Jennifer Larry, Hideaway Hills: I literally stockpiled about 3 years worth of survival gear thanks to these stories. DON'T PRINT FICTION IN THE NEWSPAPER, YOU IDIOTS

Bodega Bodega, Alqualonde: It's about time they refreshed that Arena island. It's looked like crap for 7 years.

Comments

• Sammiches822
    Options
    THE IMPERIAL EYEWITNESS
    Emperor Sympathizes With Lord Nebbers; "We Did It To The Fulflet Union Too"