Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
Applications in this section are archived, and will not appear in forum searches.
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

membership - hopthekid

Hey everybody.

I am Sam's (HopTheKid) mother, he spent the last week looking for a Minecraft server to build and play on and chose this one today, Sam has just turned 7 years old, and for his birthday I got him Minecraft because he is now able to play on his fathers PC. We are from Virginia and want him to have a good, and fun summer. His hobbies include Soccer, and building Lego's (we recently bought him some Lego Minecraft sets) he found out about this server by searching for creative servers to build. One thing to note about Sam is that he has mild Asperger's.

Thanks you for reading this, we hope you accept him into the server.

-Diana (Sam's Mother :))
Humzahh

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    Hi, Diana
    Thank you so much for taking the time out to get Sam set up with his forum account and application. I'll explain a few things that will be good information for you to know and then get into the start-process for Sam to get building. =)

The Shire has members from all over the world and the age range (before Sam's membership) was from 10-30-ish. As you can imagine, that invites all different kinds of personalities, sense of humor, and subject matter in chat. We also do allow mild cursing in chat. We have a few censors in place for the especially bad language, however.
    Our youngest member before Sam was 8. Her name is Josie and she's 10 now. Sometimes we feel like we helped raise her in a way. lol
    Because of Josie, we've learned how to keep chat clean while she's logged on. It has been second nature to staff and veteran members. Having said that, we do have new members and are gaining new members regularly, who might not be aware of this practice or Sam's young age. I can promise you that while Sam is on, the staff team will do our best to keep chat G-Rated. We will make sure to let other members know his age and urge them to be mindful as well. Hopefully, this will work out fine. Because there are never any guarantees and Sam may fine himself online with members who are unaware of his age, there is the possibility that he may catch some comments or conversation not suitable for children. You may want to have a talk with him about this possibility and make a plan with him about what to do if it happens.

Our rules on the Shire are fairly standard. We ask our members to respect one another, ask permission, be kind, etc. Staff is almost always around to help and moderate as well.

So! Now that we got all that out of the way, I'll leave all the technical stuff with you to help Sam with so he can start building. Please feel free to PM me here on the forums if you have any other questions or concerns with Sam. =)

The following is for Sam:

Welcome, Sam! Your application has been accepted!

You can now build in /warp tyrule where you'll find everything you need to show us your style and skill level and hopefully join us in the main world.

Important information about getting started:
    - All your materials will be under the Tyrule spawn. To get to the materials area, follow the "yellow brick road." Just right click the "free" signs.

- All tools and enchantments can be found in one of the spawn corners. Signs will lead you there. Just right click the signs for the tools and then with the tool equipped, right click the enchantment signs

- You can be assigned a plot by doing /plot auto and then /plot home to get to it

- Your tyrule build does not have to be huge or elaborate. Just something that gives us an idea of your style and skill level

Please feel free to ask us any questions either here or in game. We're happy to help. And if you need assistance from a staff member, we're the folks with either blue or gold titles.

If you haven't logged onto the server yet, you'll have to ask a staff member for your Tyrule ranking when you log on for the first time. If you've already logged onto the server, your Tyrule ranking should appear shortly.

Have a great time!
  • I don't know how staff feels on us commenting on these applications since I've never done it, but I just felt like I need to say it...

You're raising a great kid, Diana. He's courteous and respectful in the server from what we've seen so far, and is just downright adorable. I'm a random, semi-regular nobody in this server, but you've got my commitment that I'll do my part in making sure his experience here is nothing short of enjoyable and fun if I'm around when he's playing on the server.

We hope and look forward to seeing Sam join and engage himself in our awesome community here - I haven't been here long myself, but from my experiences thus far, I can vouch that the staff truly care about the integrity and status of this server and are unlike staff in any other place you will find in terms of a minecraft server.

I think the most important reasons things work so well in this community are because we treat each other as basically a second family, and that we all share a similar, positive mindset. Rest assured, Sam is most definitely in good hands with both the server's staff and it's daily, regular players alike. We'll do our best to include him on things we're doing and make sure he has a grand ol' time.

Thanks for bringing Sam into our little world. Best regards! :smiley:
    Sammiches822HayCoffeeAndChill
This discussion has been closed.