Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

BREAKING: Ritz-Khalifa Backs Down From Caffan Referendum Campaign Promise

FULFWOTZ- Demonstrations have erupted across the city of Caffa after the NSE HIgh Chancellor Ritz-Khalifa announced her refusal to introduce a second Caffan Referendum Bill, which was one of her most vaunted campaign promises.

She delivered a televised address this evening to share her long-awaited verdict on the matter of pushing forward a bill which would allow Caffa to seek independence from the New Sammichian Empire.

"...After conferring with the Emperor and examining this situation with scrutiny, I cannot in good conscience introduce another Caffan Referendum bill. Given the current economic condition of the territory, having declared bankruptcy in 2009 and still recovering from its economic crisis, the city has too much to lose from leaving the Empire. I am more than aware that this was a promise that brought many voters from Caffa to my side, and I am truly sorry for making you feel as though I have betrayed you and your vote; but after having the opportunity to review the matter with the resources of the office you put me in at my disposal, it just is not an attainable goal. I believe our Emperor was right to veto the introduction of the initial referendum during his tenure as interim High Chancellor, as the consequences of such a decision would be disastrous for both the city and the Empire as a whole. The office I hold demands I do what's best for the New Sammichian Empire and the people within it, and this is something I deem of monumental importance for our well-being as a nation."

Since its absorption into the Empire in 1939 under the last Caffan Doge, Alessandro Barsi VI, Caffa has proven itself to be a restless and agitated territory. It has seceded from the Empire twice, and its wealthiest families are accused of repeatedly bankrupting the Imperial establishment in the city so as to control Caffan politics from the depths of their wallets. Not to mention the stark cultural differences between Caffa and its parent nation; still an intensely religious city with strong emphasis placed upon the family unit and traditional marriage, the desires of Caffan legislators clash violently with those of cosmopolitan Fulfwotz.

However, this is not to say that Imperial control has only caused Caffa to experience social, economic, and political decay. In fact, one might argue that there have been overwhelming benefits to being part of the New Sammichian Empire. According to the Lundtbern Center for Research, contraceptive use has increased by 311% -- drastically reducing the rate of teen and unwanted pregnancies. As the Empire's primary northern trading center, a series of construction projects to enlarge the city's harbor have been undertaken since 1966, all state-funded projects which have reaped enormous profit. As part of a much larger community with access to plenty more resources, taxes have decreased by roughly 18% for the average Caffan citizen.

The press secretary for the Office of the Emperor, the Lady Vidaria vos Nervae II, called it "the right move", and emphasized the Emperor's approval. "The Emperor hopes the Caffan people will approach this situation with an open mind and look at things from our perspective; we're simply doing our duty to care for the nation and the people within it."

Caffan lawmakers are forced into an awkward situation; the people they represent thirst for independence, yet they owe their careers in the Chancellery to the continued control of the Empire. However, for the time being, Caffa will remain an integral part of the New Sammichian Empire.

~SGN Online - Helping you act like you care~

COMMENTS

Ella Innocenti, Venezia Nuova- free my caffan sistahs!!!! #CaffaTiAmo

Claudia Sophossux, Summerstone- #KONY2012

Lucas Maru, Hatoki- **BEFORE I POST THIS COMMENT, I AM LEGALLY REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF KNAVOBUKI TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM A SEX OFFENDER.** knew this was gonna happen tbh :/

Vincent Court, Fulfwotz- [In Reply to: Lucas Maru] ohh shit man that sux move to fulf u only have to tell people ur a sex offender if they arent also one so we just have sex offender communes its p sweet but sometimes the police will come and practice raids on ur house but they dont tell you when theyre going to do it and then they actually arrest u or maybe shoot you in the leg idk its p fucked up man #JusticeForSexOffenders

TRENDING NOW
Fulfwotz Issues Heavier Water Restrictions During Worst Demmatrodine Drought Since 1971

Massive Landslide Destroys Slum, Over 144 Confirmed Dead and Thousands Missing; Land Value Skyrockets

Amali Tribunal Summoned For Laurelii Hospice Director Accused Of Selling Bodies On Black Market

Feature: How Wealthy Is The Ich Dynasty, And Why Won't They Tell Anyone?
HayWuggeh0EnderKillaGaanSannebbers