Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
Applications in this section are archived, and will not appear in forum searches.
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Membership - ibuprophet

Aloha, greetings from the Midwestern United States.

I'm a longtime fan of both Minecraft and Lord of the Rings. I'd love to check out the famed server you've got here for my own personal reasons, but more so the reason I'd like to join is because someone very dear to me, who is also into LotR, has never experienced VR before, and I have MinecraftVR installed and would love to blow her mind. I know this server would be the perfect introduction to the world of VR. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

:)

Comments

• Hi, ibuprophet
    While our server is called The Shire and we do have some LoTR builds, it isn't a LoTR exclusive server. Please feel free to log on and still check it out, though! We've got 7 years of builds created by thousands of players.

When you log on, please feel free to do /warps. It's a great way to take a warps tour to some of our most notable locations on the server. =)
  • Thanks!

I'm having trouble connecting to the server for some reason. Here's the info I'm using:

Server address:
    play.shirecraft.us

Port:

Version:
  • is that the windows 10 version or the java version? We use the java version which is 1.12.1
  • It's the VR version (Samsung GearVR). After a quick check on Minecraft's VR section of their site, it appears the only cross-compatible versions with the VR version are Windows 10 and XBOX. Will update if I find a way around it. Imagine viewing your collective world in 3D...
  • In the meantime, I installed the Java version on my desktop. Do I need to make a new application in the forum? My username is ingredient22
  • Im sure there are some mods out there!
  • You won't need a membership to log on and just tour around - which seems like what you're interested in doing. Let us know if you were also interested in building and we'll go ahead and add you as a member. =)
This discussion has been closed.