Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Riots Erupt in Riverwood after Food Shipments from Laurelian For Homeless Go Missing

Options
Antheus
Antheus Arbiter, Engineer, Wiki Editor
RIVERWOOD Fires, explosions, screams and the sound of sirens painted the scene in Downtown Riverwood yesterday as riots erupted after the much needed food shipments for the homeless went missing. Thousands of people gathered around the Riverwood Tower, home of the Laurelian consulate in Riverwood, awaiting what would probably be their only meal for the week. After hours of being told by Laurelian officials that they were working on getting the food, word broke that the food shipment had been lost in transport to the city. Angry at both the Laurelian and Riverwood officals, people started looting local businesses and shops in search of food. "I saw them gathering outside the store and became worried about the safety and security of my self and my store," James Gucci, owner of the Costa Copy in Riverwood said. "Before I knew it, they busted down the doors and broke all the windows, took all the food and set fire to the rest of the store!" As soon as reports of rioting was received by the Riverwood National Guard, the riot squad was dispatched to the city. By the time the squad arrived, it was too late. Over 10 buildings had burned down, including the Phoebian Isle Outpost, and the Friska Lemonada. Damages are estimated to be over $20,000,000, placing a strain on the already weak Riverwood economy. Through S.U.N. and Laurelian assistance, the damaged buildings were repaired in less than two hours. It is unknown at this time what happened to the rioters.

TRENDING NOW
Why The Shire Dollar Is About To Collapse
Riverwood Homeless Population Decreases To 0
Leave The Commonwealth And Join The NSE? How One Man's Radical Plan Is Gaining Popularity Among Riverwoodians
One Ton Of Unlabeled Meat Shipped To Feed Slaves In The NSE
Take This Quiz To Find Out Which NSE Emperor You Are

Comments

• CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    And whilst all this 'rioting' was going on, the STA managed to open a new railway station in Riverwood!
  • nebbers
    Options
    > @Blitheness said:
    > And whilst all this 'rioting' was going on, the STA managed to open a new railway station in Riverwood!

That’s a true testament of the incredible professionalism in which the STA conducts itself. Even in the face of great danger, the work must go on.