Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Books in the server

CDR_Clarisse
CDR_Clarisse Member
edited December 2013 in General Chat
Was talking about this the other day when I 1st got on the server. 

Books.

Might be good to have a:
  • /Command Book adapted to each ranking. With details on how to use the commands etc. 
  • /Warp book to see all the warps that exist (instead of /warp1 /warp2 ...3456) 
  • /chat book, explaining all the commands to chat, send messages, etc
Just so when newbs like myself pop on the server, the same annoying questions don't always pop up. :) 

Personally I've never really been on an offical server, mainly just playing with friends and we didn't have commands. So perhaps these commands exist on all servers and I'm just a huge noob.  

:-$

Comments

• 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    These are definitely worth a thought! Try pestering one of those lowly Lords, they might give it a go.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited December 2013
    We have a guide with basic server information, it's available at '/Spawn'

Follow the red & blue paths until they split. Where they split, there is a button to get an information book.

There's also one if you go through '/warp Rules' and answer the question correctly, the room you go to has 2 buttons for books.

We'll look into adding specific command/warp/chat books - maybe someone could make one, and we'll duplicate it and put the books into dispensers.... or we could add the information in the form of wiki posts.
  • I'd be happy to help to create the books, I'd just need a nice clean listing of which commands you'd want in which books (.txt, .odt, .docx, .xlsx, .csv).  Please let me know if I can be of assistance!