Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

The Archive of Abandoned Builds

Vetous
Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
edited June 2014 in Gameplay
Hey guys, it's been awhile. I havent even used this new forum yet! I think a lot of the regulars know me, but I'm Vetous (You can call me Jake if you want, its actually preferred), and I've been here at the Shire on and off for over a year and a half. I'm wrapping up initial build work of my floating city, which is currently called Columbia (From Bioshock Infinite) but will be renamed very soon. I came up with a new idea, which appeals to my meticulous archival nature. 

As we all know, the Shire is pretty well known for it's builds, but aside from active cities and Empires, there is a large amount of Abandoned Builds: Half finished cities, unfurnished homes, tree houses, tunnels we never finsished. We've all got a few. Now I personally think these are all very interesting, and add a sense of history to The Shire. So what I propose is an in game library/archive of all of the really big ones. We would make books about each one, with Dynamap Coordinates, a short history of the build if we can find it, the original builder if we want it, and also if we think it is savalgeable or not (In a sense, can it be finished?).

I would do a lot of this myself, which I'm fine with. The first thing I need though is a space, somewhere rather public to actually build the library. I've alreday begun a short survey of ones I've stumbled upon, which are being held on a small island workshop I own. So if anyone has land that I can build on, or a building I can use to set up shop, that would be great. Also, if you know of any interesting abandoned builds, you can post them here with rough dynamap coordinates, that would be great. Thanks! 

-Vetous 

Comments

• Didn't Jimmy have this exact idea and started building said Library? Or am I going insane? :/
  • There is the empty library by the spawn.  but I think it'd be great to have some of this history preserved somehow. 
  • Vetous
    Psycho: I don't know, whch is why I posted here before going forward with the project. 

Nebbers: What are the dynamap cordinates?  Could I use it? 
  • Jimmy made it - but hasnt done anything with it.   I'd bet he'd be OK with you using it, no problem.  But you might want to send him a message or something.  jglinecki is his username (assuming I spelled it right).  Its at 286,45 (straight east of /spawn, just follow the highway.
  • Vetous
    Alright, if I message him about it, I would need permission to place blocks there, as I don't have permission right now. Does that require some sort of rank up or something? 
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    It's "jgliniecki"
    And I'm pretty sure nebs or one of the other Lords can give you build rights for the library as it's in its own region I believe. :) 
  • Vetous
    Should I message him here or on the game? Ive already sent him one here, but I'm not sure how often he gets on. 
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Anyone architect or above can give you build permission

Get them to run "/rg i" to find the region

Or they may need to add you to the "mainland" region :)
  • Vetous
    So I've set up the first branch of the archives in Fulfwotz in a small house that Sammich gave me. It'll do for now, but it's pretty rudimentary, and will not fit the vision for the overall project. But, if you guys want to come by, and see what I have so far, please do. 
  • Vetous
    Awesome thanks andy. 
  • But it's specifically for the dark archives branch D:I understand you're doing branches but if you need a bigger space, let me know or you can dig beneath your house **==
  • Vetous
    Hey guys I made a google form that you can fill out if you have a build to submit. It can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lx0afbUQZijJ78CqAkeLhZTAxHxZkMbnwl-a6n4m580/viewform 

Dang thing won't let me hyperlink, but oh well. All of this will better help me and Jimmy organize submissions, find builds for archival, and then write about it. You can also always just tell us if we happen to be on at any time.