📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Ban appeal

Options
AzureEmerald
AzureEmerald Member
edited September 2014 in Support Area
Help? I was banned for making the server crash and was told to update my java
1) Can that actually affect a server?
2) My java is at the most recent version.
All I was doing was touring the server, so I have no clue as to how I can fix the problem.

Comments

• nebbers
    Options
    Every time you signed on, we all lagged out.  I'm trying to figure out whats causing it now to see if theres some fix.  Do you have any plugins? add-ons?  anything different about your version of MC?
  • AzureEmerald
    Options
    Not for 1.7.9, no. I had Mo'villages for 1.7.10, and Clay Soldiers for 1.6.2, but niether were active.
  • nebbers
    Options
    We're 1.7.10, not sure if that would make a difference though.  I mentioned java because that happened once before back in MC Beta - but it doesnt seem to be the case now.  I can't really find much on forums about the issue...  I'm still looking though!

You can always explore vicariously - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChy3LLXvE7kq2CScGnaVNqg

• AzureEmerald
    Options
    Have you tried looking at the server crash logs?
  • nebbers
    Options
    yes - vague at best.  server simply has trouble keeping up - slips to about 40k ticks behind, boots everyone, but server never crashes entirely.
  • nebbers
    Options
    I've lifted the ban - crossing my fingers.  godspeed.  I'm off for the day.
  • Jimmy
    Options
    Nebbers: "everyone else's problem now! Peace!"
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    m0d n0t3: t0p1c cl0s3d.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    m0d n0t3: topic reopened

Every time you join, the server is grinding to a halt. Until we can establish the cause of this issue, I'm sorry but I'll have to reinstate nebbers' ban.