Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Architects: Too Much Power?

Options
I'm fine with architects having supreme power over most things. However, I disagree with region control. I've heard architects can move borders, kick people out of their own region, and place blocks without permission. I think that an owned region should mean you own it. No one, besides the Lords, of course, should be able to tamper with your region without permission from either the region owner, or a Lord.

Just to clarify, I'm not out to ruin anyone's experience as architect, and I have no qualms with any architect, I just think certain powers be revoked.

Comments

• Morris_h
    Morris_h Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    Architects have access to all the worldguard permissions. This means that anything regarding worldguard (kick people out of their own region, place blocks without permissions, move borders etc) are allowed by default. This may seem like an excessive amount of power but in my opinion in really depends on the person with the power. Most architects I know are trusted with this power and have used their powers to help other people (define borders for them and such). Realistically I believe the issue lies between the individuals chosen for architects rather than the permissions for architects themselves. 
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Realistically I believe the issue lies between the individuals chosen for architects rather than the permissions for architects themselves. 

I second this. Some architects have crazy commands that others don't, and we shouldn't be held accountable for what they might do with them.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    If anyone is abusing their privileges, please tell me privately.
  • nebbers
    Options
    If someone is 'tampering' with a region, then thats a grief, regardless of their rank.
  • Mattox321
    Options
    I'm inclined to agree with Morris after looking at it with fresh eyes. I don't think all should suffer, possibly just individuals. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Archs, this is the only one time, and it turned out to be a misunderstanding.