Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Potential Shire Olympics Games

Options
     So, Over the past few days, I have been working HARD to get the official Shire Olympic Stadium, and mini-games project sorted out, so we can put this into action since everyone generally thought it was a good idea.

To date, I have a few mini-games that can be further elaborated on by the people, if anything comes to mind, or, they can stay as is.

First up, I will post a few more threads on the Olympics with more detailed posts covering rules for games, the Olympic schedule, how often the games will occur, etc.

The first game I have in mind is Castle Wars.

Basically, two teams, (Red and Blue) will be put on their respected side of the castle wars arena, when the games commence, the teams will storm to raid the opposing teams castle however they choose (permitted it is not against the rules) and steal the flag that the team hides anywhere in their base.

Teams will continue to raid until the opposing teams flag is placed safely inside the same room their flag is in. For example, I'm on the blue team, I have the red flag, I must place the RED flag in the same room as my team placed the BLUE flag.

Although it may seem simple, it requires immense strategy, especially inside such a SMALL arena. (Intentionally built)

The next game I had in mind, was the original Spleef, as played by many Minecraft servers around the world, from IP to IP.

The same rules Spleef uses will apply here, and we will play in teams. Friendly fire is on, so if you dig your team mate down, oh well.

The team with the most players standing above the arena at the end of 3 minutes (if it lasts that long) wins. This game series will go for best 3 of 5.

Another game I had in mind was similar to spleef. (This isn't set in stone, I'd like to hear from the community about it)

Basically, this is spleef, with the same rules, best 3 of 5 games, team with the most players standing at the end of 3 minutes wins, etc.
The main difference here is; this will have different sized platforms all different heights and widths and lengths, and the idea is to hit the opposing team off their platforms into the volcano with snowballs. The catch? You get 4 stacks of snowballs, once you are out, you hope for the best. IF an opposing member of either team comes in close enough contact with each other, you can fist fight to the death. Also, this will take place on a second arena, directly above the original spleef arena.

another game I had in mind was a simple archery game. 

Basically, there is a bunch of targets,(moving and still) and the idea is to hit the wooden button to make the redstone lamp turn on. The further the target, the more points it corresponds with. Moving targets will be worth more, and you only get 10 shots. This game will be relatively fast and easy, but it was meant for more of a tie breaker if that persisted.

If anyone has any games, or modifications to these in mind, please let me know. I will continue to think up more before we actually put the Olympics into action!

-Ox, Shire Olympic Coordinator