Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

**FEBRUARY 2015 BUILD COMPETITION**

Options
nebbers
nebbers Lord
edited February 2015 in General Chat
Fellow Shirelings!

Congratulations again to all participants for the January 'mediterranean' BC competition.  Your plots have been saved as schematics and can be moved to the main world when you're ready.  Individuals with a schematic saved should have received an in-game mail from me with the details.

Today we will start the next BUILD COMPETITION!  This months theme:  Brutalist/Expressionist/Totalitarian.  Why?  Because Vetous, that's why.  Don't worry, if you're not feeling this theme, just remember that February is a short month (and it's already the 10th).

It doesn't have to be perfect - this can be YOUR take on those architectural themes.  Here are a few examples below:

Expressionist:  

Totalitarian:  

You'll note that the hallmarks of each of these styles is:  Imposing.  Intimidating.  Designed to portray power and majesty.  This is also true for styles such as Constructivism, Deconstructivism, Communist, Fascist, etc etc.  All are acceptable for this BC.

How you wish to interpret this is up to you.  

Rules are the same as the previous BC. 

Comments

• Aedesius
    Aedesius Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ayy, you're welcome for the expressionist examples.

Edit: opera house link is broken, has a semicolon
  • nebbers
    Options
    fixed
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    Been looking forward to this one. (rubs knuckles lovingly)
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    need moar entries! Everyone should join in with this one ^_^
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    Even I'm in it xD so get yo butts involved, and the rest of you too. Bring forth the creativity :P
  • Maghion
    Maghion Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    Even I'm getting involved and I have never done a BC so I want to see entries from everyone!
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    Options
    *Coughs* Step aside peasants, even I'm building something for this one, and I don't build for BCs, main world, real life, or anywhere else for that matter.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    [quote="0031benjy;2566"]*Coughs* Step aside peasants, even I'm building something for this one, and I don't build for BCs, main world, real life, or anywhere else for that matter.[/quote]

You'd better finish it! :P
  • nebbers
    Options
    11 days left!  So far there's only a couple that are complete or near-complete.  We'll need more if we're going to be able to judge!  We can extend the competition if needed.
  • monkeyman32123
    monkeyman32123 Member, Retired Staff
    Options
    *puts in vote for extension*
  • Maghion
    Options
    *seconds vote for extension
  • Batman
    Batman Member, Retired Staff
    Options
    Should've done this one a long time ago. My builds are naturally grey and dull. 
  • nebbers
    Options
    Well we'll extend it by a week!  Feb is short and we started a week into the month.  So start building Batman!
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    Do it Batman! For the glory of drab, grey buildings everywhere! xD
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    can't be any worse than mine lol
  • GJRickard
    GJRickard Wiki Editor
    Options
    Mines a very tiny build, I dont know what to put around it.. Any ideas?
  • nebbers
    Options
    Brutalist Competition is now CLOSED.  Judging has commenced.

I'd be honored to move a few of these builds to the Brutalist-styled university emerging east of Budapest.  If you'd like to add it there, let me know!  If not, I'll move it wherever you want.
  • Maghion
    Options
    I would like my build somewhere in middle of  a snow biome 
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    You are more than welcome to claim my build if you want it, Nebbers. :P It wouldn't fit with my cities, and I'd love to see it used xD
  • nebbers
    Options
    Speaking of Brutalist.  Saw this on Reddit today - pretty awesome!  The plots we had here could easily have been listed among these.  http://imgur.com/a/b2KV7
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    Options
    It's like the BC that never goes away lol