Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
Applications in this section are archived, and will not appear in forum searches.
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Membership - Ewan

Options
Hi! I'm Ewan, and my Minecraft username is ... er... Ewan. I'm 12 and I love to look at Minecraft builds. I've been playing Minecraft for about 18 months. I'm from England.

I saw this server on a reddit post and I would love to get involved in the ShireCraft community. I like to build big buildings with working, redstone, which I am quite good at. I would love to be a Tyro!

Comments

• nebbers
    Options
    Welcome to the server!  Thanks for taking the time to post - it's a little extra step, but it helps us see who's serious and helps you get involved in the forum.

You've been promoted to Tyro!  Tyro is the 'entry-level' rank.  It comes with some limitations, but these are temporary.  Good builders are ranked very quickly to the next rank (Yeoman).  Everyone started at this rank, even our admins (except me... since there were no ranks when I started).

Tyro's are essentially in Survival mode only - you do have access to lots of free materials though.  Tyro's are restricted to the /warp tyrule area - read the info and grab a plot using /plotme auto.  Check under the spawn at /warp tyrule, theres all the materials you could ever want down there.  Why the restriction to Tyrule?  Well basically we aim to keep our main world free from disastrous creations.  Showing you can build in Tyrule will get you ranked to Yeoman quickly, and then you'll be able to build wherever you want.  AND - I should add that we'll be happy to move your Tyro build into the main world if you'd like after you rank to Yeoman.

All it takes to rank up from Tyro is a decent build - a house, a barn, a nunnery, a cave troll's den.... I don't know, whatever you want!  Remember though there is no Pixel Art allowed.  And, just so we have some kind of overarching theme to the world, we prefer no airplanes or helicopters - just pretend that the Shire never progressed passed an Airship/blimp level of tech.

Good links:

Check out http://play.shirecraft.us/6635 for a sweet map.  The map is currently 7000x7000 and is something like 3.5gb.  A little history:  The map has been the same map we've used since we started the server in October 2010 (Minecraft Alpha days).  Of course back then the map was probably 1000x1000.

We have a seldom-used subreddit.. www.reddit.com/r/shirecraft, but the wiki in there has some good articles if you're curious.

We have a youtube channel!  Its full of old videos.  www.youtube.com/helmerman

Check out the Quests section of this forum too - there's all kinds of fun little adventures you can find on the server.

Some favorite warps you might want to check out:

/warp athitica
    /warp venice
    /warp atheos
    /warp oranjestad (ok im biased toward this one)
    /warp orikami
    /warp fulfwotz (talk about immersive - every store and every house has a story or something fun about it)

Plus about 200 other warps.

And no we're not strictly a LOTR server - not by any stretch.  But you can see some good LOTR builds at /warp isengard and /warp barad. 

See you on the server!
This discussion has been closed.