Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Welcome To Night Vale

Options
Show of hands: Who listens to the podcast "Welcome To Night Vale"?  I have an idea that relates to it.

Comments

• Lord_Drekar
    Options
    I don't know what it is but do you recommend listening to it?

• nebbers
    Options
    It's a fictional production and the setup is its the community radio news broadcast for a creepy desert town called Night Vale.  Think Roswell+Marfa+Black Mesa+Area 51... Its just a funny take on government secret experiments, UFOs, paranormal activity, etc... its X-Files to the max but humorous.

WELLL.... my idea was the piece together this town of Night Vale, bit by bit, episode by episode, in the Shire.  The show regularly describes various buildings, neighborhoods, districts, etc - but since its just a podcast there's no actual map of any of this.  I think it'd be cool to make it.  

• Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    That sounds pretty damn awesome actually. 
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    I agree. sounds pretty epic. :P
  • nebbers
    nebbers Lord
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well any and all folks are welcome to help in this!  I picked a spot at /warp nightvale.  This is my to-do list for Episode 1 of Welcome To Night Vale.  If you wish to help build any of this stuff, just have at it.  Many of these places are subject to change as new details emerge about these locations in coming episodes.  

*A high fenced dog park with no visible entrance on the corner of Earl and Somerset roads.  The fence is electrified.   Completed

*"Ralph's" - presumed to be a kind of grocery store.

*Old Woman Josie's house, which is out "the Car Lot" - assumed to be a car dealership.  Josie's house has a porch.

*a recently rented science lab next door to "Big Rico's Pizza".  It's being rented by a man named Carlos.

*Night Vale Elementary, complete with a large gymnasium.  The school mascot is a Mountain Lion.

*the Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area - which includes sturdy docking areas, a boardwalk for pedestrians, and plenty of stands ready for local food vendors and merchants.  This harbor and waterfront area overlooks sagebush and rocks, as there is no waterfront in Night Vale.

*The Night Vale Community Radio Station

*A neighborhood of houses behind the elementary school called "Desert Creek".

*Night Vale Post Office - though where this is or what its like is unknown so far.

*an Arby's.

*a road called Route 800.  Unclear where this is.

*Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex.  Presumed to be near the Ralph's.  It is owned by Teddy Williams.  The pin retrieval area of Lane 5 has an entrance to what is believed to be a vast underground metropolis.

Here is a transcript if you're curious.  http://cecilspeaks.tumblr.com/post/56680281610/episode-1-pilot :

Post edited by nebbers on
  • nebbers
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaand I've lost interest.

Region removed.  Discussion closed.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    Awwww!
This discussion has been closed.