Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

***RANT!***

Options
Sorry! I know I've been posting a lot of stuff lately, but Jesus... There's some things on here that need to be fixed. And by here, I mean the forums. I've made a small list, and it's just things that really irk me. 

• FORMATTING!!! Underlined or colored things hardly ever carry into the actual post. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. Not sure what it is. It's not that big of a deal, but what really bothers me is paragraph indentations. As you can see by my most recent SGN article, it's a very big issue. It literally hurts to read things when it's all one big wall-o-text. Things are never indented when the actual post is published. They also lack spacing between paragraphs.
  • ValidateRequired & ValidateLength Okay, I think I managed to figure out what these are. The first one is when you need a title. Fair enough. The second one, however, restricts you to a (in my opinion) rather small text limit. It's really frickin' annoying. I've literally spent an hour trying to work around it so I could publish an SGN article (which wasn't even that long), and once I finally managed to, the formatting was so awful I couldn't even read it. If it's possible, please try to lift or raise the text limit.
  • You are unable to change your signature. I honestly don't know if it's just me, but whenever I try to change it, I get sent to a dead page. I can live with this, but it's kind of irritating.
  • Quotes. This is a little issue, but why not: Whenever you put one in a comment, it just says "...:said:" It's a little issue. It doesn't have to be fixed, but I just thought I'd put it out there.
This is it, for the most part. There's some other things but my mind is blank at the moment. I hope I'm not complaining too much or being bothersome, it's just that I post a lot of things on the forums, and the issues can be very frustrating, especially because they don't always occur. I'd really appreciate it if this post was taken seriously and these issues were dealt with. *cough @Andy cough*

Thank you!

Comments

• EnderKilla
    Options
    oh my god
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    I can't change my profile picture. That's sorta annoying. 
  • nebbers
    Options
    andy does the forum stuff... but ill poke around and see what i can figure out
  • Sammiches822
    Options
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    The issue with signatures has been resolved, you can now edit these through the Edit Signature link in the sidebar, on your profile page.

Your issues with ValidateLength and ValidateRequired were due to your discussion content being too long, and you not adding a title to your discussion.

I've now made these error messages more user friendly, and increased the max number of characters that you can post.

Quotes seem to have been fixed, but please check this and let me know if not. :-)