Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

**SHIRE INTERNATIONAL ISLAND**

Options
Exciting things are coming!
Are you ready for the ultimate unity experience?

Well, we certainly are! In a most exquisite display of ingenuity and boldness, the Shire United Nations came together recently and drew up plans for a massive international island to be constructed and worked upon by Shirefolk from all corners of the map. An island which would house the SUN Headquarters, and so much more! The island will be divided into a number of districts, each one filled with the architecture and culture of their respective Shire city. Spend an hour or two in the canals and bridges of Venezia, and then take a short walk over to the broad avenues and high-peaked roofs of Athitica. All the most amazing cities the Shire contains, right on this one magnificent island!

Please note that this is only a rough draft of what the island will actually look like! All SUN-aligned nations have an opportunity to claim a district and build an area reminiscent of their respective cities. Not only will the island contain these districts, but it will also hold the SUN Building, and a variety of plazas, beaches, and parks. Now, about joining the Shire United Nations... It has been a general consensus that some requirements be put in place to join, to ensure that we do not have thirty half-finished villages built by Yeomen still developing their building skills all clamoring for districts on the island. The requirements are as follows:
  1. Your nation needs to have been in existence for at least three months. 
  2. Your nation needs a minimum of three residents (actual players)
  3. Your nation/city needs to be of a fair size (perhaps not as large as Oranjestad or Venezia, but of a good size to be determined by the SUN itself)
  4. Your nation needs to be developed both architecturally and culturally.
  5. You need to be an involved player with a good record.
  6. Your building skills need to be deemed proficient. 
Once you have these requirements fulfilled, you can be a participating member of the Shire United Nations! You can leave a comment in this discussion volunteering your nation, and if it is approved, you can decide whether you want to claim a district on the island or not (and mind you, the districts are fairly large!). Your request will be reviewed by a group of Founding Nations (compromising of Jimmy, Hay, Ender, Morris, and myself, all of whom have been helping to develop plans for a while now. This is only a group responsible for handling applications, not a ruling council.). 

The SUN will help resolve and deal with issues that actually affect the server, such as how to increase server traffic and so on, but will also amp up the RP-aspect of the server. I know some people groan at the sound of RP, but you can admit that you have fun controlling your little nation. It will spice up relations between nations, and present some fun crises that need to be resolved. It will cooperate with SGN to bring articles about Shire politics, and the drama in the various governments. So let's all have fun with this!

Comments

• nebbers
    Options
    Does Oranjestad qualify?
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    do 3 actual players have residences there? because if not, nope. xD none of my towns/cities qualify lol
  • Sammiches822
    Options
    @nebbers Yes, Oranjestad qualifies. @Lord_Drekar Yes, three actual players :(
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    meh. :P I guess I'll actually be the north korea of the server, I'm officially too isolationist. never mind. :P
  • nebbers
    Options
    I have several homes of other players in Oranjy.  Cool.
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    Options
    @lord_drekar it would be easy to get 3 residents for you. I'll take one of the places and I rustle up a couple other people to take the other two. =D
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    but.. but.. I wanted to be north korea.. D: FINE I'll put a house somewhere. :P
  • Maghion
    Maghion Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    Equos is interested 
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    *puts on mayor of venezia hat*
    Arr' Venezia be interested in ye project!
    *removes hat*
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy Arbiter
    Options
    [quote="Andy;3155"]*puts on mayor of venezia hat*
    Arr' Venezia be interested in ye project!
    *removes hat*
    [/quote]

Denied because you're Andy
  • Sammiches822
    Options
    @Maghion @Andy both approved
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited May 2015
    Options
    [quote=Jimmy]Denied because you're Andy[/quote]
    *declares war*