Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Shire Reckoning Calendar

Options
Sammiches822
Sammiches822 Arbiter
edited June 2015 in Support Area
So, while making wiki articles, I figured I would write using the Shire Reckoning Calendar to determine dates for the articles I'm writing. However, I just need some specification on what year it is using the calendar. It says Mainland was founded in year one of the SRC, and it's also the oldest city in the Shire. But, in Sammichian lore, the ancient city of Ceriumuse existed far more than 2,015 years ago. Does that mean that it's currently 2015 in shire-time? Using the SRC? Thanks!

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    Options
    [quote="nebbers;3260"]The Shire Reckoning calendar is based on hours per year, of which there are 8765.  Each year is one Age.  If Oct 15 2010 was Year 1 of the First Age, then today is Year 5496 of the Fourth Age.

Though I've always felt this number is too high.  How about we divide it in 4?  So each real-year is actually 2191 years in the Shire Reckoning calendar... thus making today 1374 of the Fourth Age.
    [/quote]

I'm sorry.
    Wut? 
    That made me feel like I need to go back to school. lol!

• Lord_Drekar
    Options
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [quote=nebbers]The Shire Reckoning calendar is based on hours per year, of which there are 8765.  Each year is one Age.  If Oct 15 2010 was Year 1 of the First Age, then today is Year 5496 of the Fourth Age.

Though I've always felt this number is too high.  How about we divide it in 4?  So each real-year is actually 2191 years in the Shire Reckoning calendar... thus making today 1374 of the Fourth Age.
    [/quote]

...So since you posted this, it's now Year 1382 of the Fourth Age? NVM
  • nebbers
    Options
    Today is 1380 of the Fourth Age, SR.  (hours since Oct 15 2014 divided by 4) http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=10&d1=15&y1=2014&m2=6&d2=2&y2=2015&h1=&i1=&s1=&h2=&i2=&s2=