Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Hello I still love you all.

Wuggeh0
Wuggeh0 Member, Wiki Editor
Sorry I haven't been on in a long while. Lots of real world stuff happening all the time, on top of desperately searching for a new job. I have a lot of goals to fulfill for my cities, and I think it's hard to not feel like I'm only making super slow progress whenever I play.

I want to not only finish all of my projects by the end of 2019, but I also want to do it in the most efficient manner, so that I don't get as easily distracted nor overwhelmed. Attached is a poll I hope you can help me with. I genuinely want to know how you stay productive in-game, and how I can improve my own gameplay.

I hope you all are doing well, and I still very much appreciate each and every one of you and I have not forgotten you.

Love,
Wuggeh

P.S. ily
Hay

Comments

• You realize what server you are asking this stuff too right? This is the land of unfinished projects lol
    HayWuggeh0
  • Hey! We still love you, too, Wug!
    I think the only thing I can offer is to make sure it's still fun. We all have more than enough IRL stress. There's no need for the thing we do to escape it to become its own stressor.

Your projects will finish eventually if you just work on them consistently - no matter the order in which you do it... So no worries. =)
    Wuggeh0
  • I agree with Hay.......the game becomes considerably less fun when you play it with the mindset of "I HAVE to finish this by x"

Not to mention the fact that I personally struggle to stick to the plans I make B)
    Wuggeh0
  • I had similar issues with Oranjestad - I had this huge city but very few interiors. I ended up making a spreadsheet of every building in the city, categorized by zoning, function, neighborhood, etc. And then I just went down the list one by one, building out the interiors and then marking each one complete until everything was finished.

On the 7th day, I rested.
    Wuggeh0
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited February 2019
    nebbers wrote: »
    On the 7th day, I rested.
    And on the 8th day, he rested. And on the 9th day, he rested.
    And on the 10th day, he rested. And on the 11th day, he rested.
    And on the 12th day, he rested. And on the 13th day, he rested.
    And on the 14th day, he rested. And on the 15th day, he rested.
    And on the 16th day, he rested. And on the 17th day, he rested.
    And on the 18th day, he rested. And on the 19th day, he rested.
    And on the 20th day, he rested. And on the 21st day, he rested.
    And on the 22nd day, he rested. And on the 23rd day, he rested.
    And on the 24th day, he went bowling.
  • John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    I voted for the railway stuff
    Vive la infrastructure
    Wuggeh0CoffeeAndChill
  • Wuggeh0
    Wuggeh0 Member, Wiki Editor
    Thanks for the input, everyone! I do want to have fun more than anything, but what I’ve realized over time is that by not planning out my builds and putting my expansions on paper, I’ve been aimless when I log on, and I stopped having fun because I felt like I wasn’t accomplishing anything. (Plus my archduke powers went away and being a mortal human suuuuuuuuuuuuucks)

Now I know what to focus on, and what kind of goals I can set for myself and how to accomplish them. Now I won’t feel so aimless when I log on anymore.