Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Follow Duncan on his vagrant voyage across the Shire!

nebbers
nebbers Lord
edited September 2023 in Gameplay
Duncan Followell, son of Mary and Drew Followell of Saguaria, has ran away from home for unknown reasons.  We know his journey started in the wilderness of Saguaria and ended tragically in Knavobuki, but how he traveled there remains a mystery.

Find his encampments and notes along each step of his journey.  Each camp or house you find where Duncan stayed will have clues on his next location.  In total there are 37 locations across the world.  There is a secondary path of just three locations for his traveling companion Malachi, who splits from the group early on.

PM me with all 37 locations - not just city names, but building/lot/or camp descriptions as well.  Any storyline info will help as well.  Winner will get TBD.  Only one winner.
Post edited by CoffeeAndChill on

Comments

• Woah, this one is the most interesting quest ever :o
  • **Runners-up may also win a prize as well, so keep trying!**

Stay tuned for the side quest of Malachi's trek (it might be more than 3 locations after all).  Eventually there may be a sequel to this one with Elysia - maybe something more uplifting, eh?
  • nebbers
    nebbers Lord
    edited January 2017
    Tips:  Use Dynmap and /ptime night.  Often Duncan's locations are the only places lit up at night.  Also, most stops along the way have warps.

Clues:

Location 0:  Go to Saguaria and find Mr. and Mrs. Followell's house.  Check the bedroom for a clue to where Duncan might be.
    Location 1: Head in the sand.
    Location 2: Sammich sure loves annexing places.
    Location 3: No bums allowed at such a posh establishment!
    Location 4: Hay hay hay.
    Location 5: Brush off that /ptime night
    Location 6: I think I'm Turning Japanese
    Location 7: Rocky outcrop... /ptime night!!
    Location 8: Think outskirts of town.
    Location 9: Behind that rock.
    Location 10: South side, but north of river.
    Location 11: No Vacancy
    Location 12: No admittance!
    Location 13: Thrown-out seafood.
    Location 14: It's been months and Tigre bought a house! But he hasn't painted it yet. Just outside the Venice Overground loop, south side.
    Location 15: Row row row your house, gently...
    Location 16: Dense.  /ptime.
    Location 17: A sacred order.
    Location 18: IM ON A BOAT! IM ON A BOAT! EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME CUZ IM SAILING ON A BOAT
    Location 19: Trans-Siberian Railway.
    Location 20: Think 'dry'.
    Location 21: High over red.
    Location 22: Seeking help from a holy man.
    Location 23: You want mint for pillow?
    Location 24: Not so scary after all.
    Location 25: You mean thats not just another Equestrian mountain?
    Location 26: Jungle Fever.
    Location 27: Back in the Survival days, when we built with cobble... or cobble.
    Location 28: A spark of civilization in an otherwise wild place.
    Location 29: You'll find it. Just follow the clue out the back.
    Location 30: Dynmap for sure.
    Location 31: Is that a yacht??
    Location 32: Northside.
    Location 33: That big floaty thing. (this ones easy).
    Location 34: Where do big floaty things tie up to when they've made it to where they want to go?
    Location 35: Looks straight out of WWII
    Location 36: Praise Be Unto Them
    Location 37: You're on your own here.

Post edited by nebbers on
  • Another one finished. Time for the next :)
    EnderKilla
  • Judge_Dreddpool
    Judge_Dreddpool Member, Wiki Editor
    Interesting... is this still ongoing?
  • Interesting... is this still ongoing?

Yes! This quest still exists - it's a fun way to explore parts of server. Although, I will say since it's been since Jan 2015 that it was made, a lot of new projects have sprung up that make the quest a lot harder to follow. As such, I usually end up giving a semi-guided tour.
    Judge_Dreddpool
  • Judge_Dreddpool
    Judge_Dreddpool Member, Wiki Editor
    nebbers wrote: »
    Interesting... is this still ongoing?

Yes! This quest still exists - it's a fun way to explore parts of the server. Although I will say since it's been since Jan 2015 that it was made, a lot of new projects have sprung up that make the quest a lot harder to follow. As such, I usually end up giving a semi-guided tour.
    Nice... Tomorrow (When I join the Server for the first time) I'll probably want to do this tour.
  • Wuggeh0
    Wuggeh0 Member, Wiki Editor
    I did this quest this summer! It took a couple days but having the dynmap open (shirecraft.us/dynmap) at the same time and using the WorldGuard function really helped a lot.