Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Babylon land assertion and request for removal of unauthorized builds

Vetous
Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
As (most of) you know, I've been working hard on my underwater city Babylon, in the southeastern corner of the map. It is being constructed in a hole that was dug by Sammich in July of last year. When we chose this spot it was totally abandoned, not a single piece of land in sight. This isolation was intended; Babylon is based on Rapture from Bioshock, which is represented by a single Lighthouse that stands in the waters of the Atlantic. Sammich and I's intent was to mimic this isolation by building it in the middle of the ocean. Samm and I got a rather good start with the city, building a few buildings and other things before we  got wrapped up with other builds- Monticello for me and Fulfwotz (what else?) for Sammich.  

Now here we are seven, almost eight, months later and this intended isolation is being broken by several people, whether intentionally or not. Ox has been working on his Olympic Stadium which is closest to the lighthouse. Ox built on land that Nebbers created recently. When I took back up the Babylon Project about a month and a half ago that land was clear, and I had intended to have it removed later in the project, but Ox built on it before I could request the removal. It was later discovered that GJ had built a mountain on the northern end of the hole the city occupied. And now today I have been informed that Aed has created a large piece of land a little bit north of GJ's mountain. 

Which brings me to my point: this is my area. I've talked to Ox and GJ a few times about their builds, but Aed is not online to talk about the hulking stone landmass he has created. It is my opinion that these things need to be removed/ moved. This is my build and I built it in the ocean on purpose. This area was picked because it was big enough to fit a city in and there was room for expansion. It also ruins the isolation aspect that is so important to this city. 

Don't take this as me being angry, or aggressive- it is simply me asserting my land and area that I have occupied long before anyone was building in this area. There are plenty of places on the server you can go. So this is my ultimatum: have it moved your self, or I'll have it moved for you. 

Thanks. 

Sammiches822

Comments

• Dude just PM me next time and don't be wishy-washy if you want your neighbors moved or not.  At this point it might almost be easier to move your city than 3 other projects.  I'll give you an extra large region so no one can build within it.  Just let me know what you want to do.
  • GJRickard
    GJRickard Wiki Editor
    You can delete my mountain... I'm not going to work on it anymore anyways. If Nebbers could do that, that would be great..

Thanks
    -GJ
  • Vetous
    It's not necessary GJ I tink it's kinda cool. 
  • GJRickard
    GJRickard Wiki Editor
    [quote="Vetous;2701"]It's not necessary GJ I tink it's kinda cool. [/quote]

No no no, I dont need it. Or, I could clear it out and you could take it with the Babylon Move.

-GJ
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Moving a large underwater city?
    I'm against that, and any entities will be crippled. (item frames/villagers/paintings/.....)
  • Well, thats true about the villagers and whatever... My thoughts were to make a backup, relocate the city in MCedit, upload the changes to the mcbackup folder, and then just do //chunk //restore in the new location.  But that can work for Ox's thing too.
  • Babylon has been moved.  MCedit sucks so I had to move it in-game.  Vet, please check over everything and make sure it all looks good in the new location.
  • Vetous
    So it all looks good but you missed a part of vesuvius. the lava pit and the pipes towards the back. looks like that was it though. Thanks nebs, you rock!
  • alright, thats an easy fix.
  • Vetous
    And I guess the region will need to be moved as well. or remade. or whatever. parts of it  sort of overlap with yberra county as i discovered, yet there is nothing within hundreds of blocks (as it should be)