Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Shire After Dark Podcast?

Vetous
Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
edited July 2015 in Gameplay
I first kicked around the idea of doing a Shire "After Dark" podcast back in February with Wyrmleaf, but that was sorta forgotten (but not before I made a set for the show in Follywood).  However, after some renewed thought on the subject, I've decided to revive the idea in the form of a 15-20 minute podcast to be posted on Soundcloud (or some other cheap, easy to use audio hosting site) bi-monthly. 

I wanted to gauge interest in the community as well as open up the format that I have come up with that could work as a show. I think it could be fun and could also serve as a way to highlight unique builds and players. So let me know what you guys think and also check out the format I've made... Open to any and all critiques! 

Shire After Dark 

Opening Music and credits

Introduction led by myself and co-host(?) and guest host*

Shire news

Rank Advancements

New Players

New Builds/ Build updates

Song of the week

Build of the Week

Player of the week interview

Closing credits and song

*I imagined that it would be primarily hosted by myself and possibly a co-host (if a need arises) and then a guest host which would vary week to week.
MieshoaCoffeeAndChillEnderKillanebbersLobstrex

Comments

• Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    Apple provides a guide on how to upload podcasts to iTunes, which would be useful since half of us iPhone users have the podcasts app installed which would be cool to make use of:
    http://apple.co/1Rw7ZCg

For android users I think you can copy and paste the link into your internet browser and play it from there, but souncloud works too. ^-^

I really like the concept vetous, and I hope it comes into use soon!
    CoffeeAndChill
  • Liandria21
    Liandria21 Member, Wiki Editor
    o-o did this happen? is this happening? =OOO
  • Vetous
    Vetous Member, Wiki Editor
    @liandria21

Yeah, I'm hoping so. I just need to sit down, find a recording program, a co-host, and then write some sort of small script to talk about and then make it. It would be more or less unedited and totally unscripted. 
  • Liandria21
    @Vetous =OOO I could co-host! xD
  • Liandria21
    then everyone can hear my gross voice xD
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    I could do recording (I use Expression + After Effects) :)
  • [quote="Liandria21;4191"]then everyone can hear my gross voice xD[/quote]

More like:
    "User has timed out"
    "User has left your channel"
    "Random robot noises"
    CoffeeAndChill
  • Liandria21
    @Jimmy #r00d
    @0031benjy ew AE -- i only use that for special effects in film (have i shown y'all the vampire film i did with a group once? o-o)
  • 0031benjy
    0031benjy Confirm Email, Retired Staff
    [quote="Liandria21;4201"]@Jimmy #r00d
    @0031benjy ew AE -- i only use that for special effects in film (have i shown y'all the vampire film i did with a group once? o-o)
    [/quote]

Pls don't tell me you're one of those SV commoners, don't even breathe my air if you are *flicks toupé* *sasswalks off*
  • Liandria21
    @0031benjy sv commoners? excuse me?
  • Liandria21
    (..but you're right; sv is gross)
    CoffeeAndChill