Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Street motorcycles

Snow Burnt
Snow Burnt Member
edited September 2023 in Off Topic
Any one else ride? I ride to work every day on mine. Ton of fun, some what hazardous! (Other crazy drivers.) 
Post edited by CoffeeAndChill on
HayEnderKilla

Comments

• Hay
    Hay Lord
    I'm often just a passenger - either on my bestie's bike or a couple of super trusted friends.
    I've never gotten on a bike with someone who I didn't know really really well. lol

• Liandria21
    Liandria21 Member, Wiki Editor
    Oh man. I got on a moped once (cuz those things are pretty much bicycle replacements here in China—literally, an 8yo could be riding one out on the chaotic roads and no one would think it out of place =.=")... It scared the life out of me. Me and (any type of) -cycles simply just don't get along. Yeah, let's talk about bicycles. So far in my life, there has never been a single bike ride I have had (forced to ofc) that never involved some kind of could-have-been-deadly-without-luck experience. Suffice to say, I don't intend on touching another bicycle (or any -cycle for that matter) for the rest of my life.
    EnderKilla
  • Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    edited June 2016
    [quote="Liandria21;5593"]Oh man. I got on a moped once (cuz those things are pretty much bicycle replacements here in China—literally, an 8yo could be riding one out on the chaotic roads and no one would think it out of place =.=")... It scared the life out of me. Me and (any type of) -cycles simply just don't get along. Yeah, let's talk about bicycles. So far in my life, there has never been a single bike ride I have had (forced to ofc) that never involved some kind of could-have-been-deadly-without-luck experience. Suffice to say, I don't intend on touching another bicycle (or any -cycle for that matter) for the rest of my life.[/quote] 
    Yeahhh I haven't ridden a bicycle in ages let alone a motorcycle. After I crashed my bicycle and myself into a bush I don't think I could ever be trusted using a motorcycle xD
  • Liandria21
    Liandria21 Member, Wiki Editor
    [quote="Mieshoa;5594"] Yeahhh I haven't ridden a bicycle in ages let alone a motorcycle. After I crashed my bicycle and myself into a bush I don't think I could ever be trusted using a motorcycle xD
    [/quote]

At least it was just a bush... that didn't hang over a bloody cliff. ;~; Why are bicycles so traumatising?
  • I got a flat tire when I went for a ride on my bicycle last Sunday because I live not far from the sketchy side of town and ended up riding through it and couldn't avoid all the broken beer bottles on the bike path.  I have those real skinny street tires.  I think my next bike will have these XD : https://gearjunkie.com/legacy/images/7815.jpg

Anyway.... to answer your question, no I don't have a motorcycle, but I'd like to get one some day.
  • Those are some big tires Nebbers. I always wondered how one of those would handle.   
  • Riding season is here for the southern states! Going to make a point an get some build ideas on my rides for now on. Lets see what I come across. Will keep you all posted!

• I've been wanting one of these for awhile now..
  • Trizer
    Trizer Member, Wiki Editor
    I bike to school everyday, but man do I wish I had a motorcycle. Hong Kong has bicycle trails everywhere, and they're all relatively nice. If you have the time you can bike anywhere really.
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited November 2016
    I'm on the motorcycle year-round. Here's my ride, the Honda PC800 - best picture I've taken of it so far, ironically. I came out of the mosque and found the kids sitting on it, and they sure were happy to throttle the engine after I started it for them :P
    Snow Burnt
  • Got a new bike. Something smaller for the new job in town. It’s ok to laugh. It’s the Honda GROM!