Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

I want to build Divinity's Reach from Guild wars 2

Jenner
Jenner Member, Wiki Editor
edited June 2016 in Gameplay
Hello everyone! I have wanted to build divinity's reach from guild wars in minecraft for a long time, but never really had the determination to do it because i didn't want to make it in a single player world, and I didn't want to do it on a server from the fear of the server closing. But that has changed now :D This server have given me the determination I need to build this huge project, but i need a little help.
First I want to get my project approved.
I plan to build the city in a 501 block diameter circle and i have already found a place on the server that will fit my build.
There is space for it in the south on the map. The only thing that is really close to it is on the blue question mark, but that build looks abandoned and it is unfinished so i think it will be fine.
Here is a map picture of Divinity's Reach:
I don't want to make it a 1:1 scale build so some of the city areas (rurikton, eastern commons + the others) wont be as large as on this map.

This build will take a loooong time to complete, even if it takes a year or more I really want to finish this build!
If this gets approved i would very much appreciate if anyone with World edit can make the circle for me :)
This would be the WE command for a filled cylinder: //cyl block radius height
So I would want it to be: //cyl stone 250 9

Make a comment on the thread and tell me what you think about it :3
Thanks for reading!

EnderKillaJohn117

Comments

• Good spot! Do you want it snowy like that?  I'll be happy to help when we're online together.
  • Jenner
    Soo.. does that mean you approve? :)
    And yeah! It would awesome if you could change the biome so there is no snow! :D

• Jenner
    So! My project has been Approved and I have already started planning and building some stuff :D
    I also thought about turning this thread into a update thing / journal about my project. I don't know often I will update this or if I will even keep it up, but here goes:

First I want to give a huge thank you to Hay and Andy for helping me make the circle and clear the land! Huge kudos to them, because it would have taken me ages to clear that whole area by hand.

Here is the circle that will turn into Divinity's Reach:
    As you can see it quite a huge area!

I have decided that I should start building the middle of divinity's reach, which are the gardens in the upper city.
    I have not gotten so far making the gardens yet, but I'm making progress.

Most of the time is spent planning and comparing between guild wars and what is possible in minecraft.
    The amount of detailing there is in guild wars wont be possible in my build, as I'm not doing 1:1 scale, but I hope I will come close enough to it looking alike :)
    I have 2 monitors so it makes it slightly easier for me having mc on one and gw on the other.
    Thats it for this update! I will properly make an update every other day from now on, so stay tuned ;)

Feel free to leave a comment with a question or a thought about my project :)

EnderKillaHay
  • So help me if you end up abandoning this huge area... ;)  

Nah looks like you're off to a great start!
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    @Jenner if you're interested in starting a wiki article for your project, send me a PM on the forum and I'll give you permission to log in to the wiki. :)
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    WOW! got a lot done already since clearing the server-lagging platform. xD 
    Can't wait to see the progress and final build =D
  • Jenner
    I have moved all updates and progress to a page on the wiki, it can be found here: https://wiki.shirecraft.us/index.php?title=Divinity's_Reach
    The updates will just state what I have finished and what I plan on building next, and some pictures.
    I wont be posting in this thread any more, since I have the wiki now :)
  • Finally someone else who knows what Guild Wars 2 is xD I can't wait to see it finished!
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited July 2016
    [quote="Jenner;6856"]I have moved all updates and progress to a page on the wiki, it can be found here: https://wiki.shirecraft.us/index.php?title=Divinity's_Reach
    The updates will just state what I have finished and what I plan on building next, and some pictures.
    I wont be posting in this thread any more, since I have the wiki now :)
    [/quote]
    Woo! Wiki user! Bump this discussion every now 'n then when you make updates to your wiki page :P