Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Oranjestad COMPLETED: Leader Contemplates Future

In a stunning announcement this past weekend, Oranjestad leader Nebbers declared the city's expansion 'complete' after years of development. Government resources will now be refocused on community outreach and global initiatives.

Though there are still some free lands surrounding Oranjestad, most of the area is blocked by other settlements. Expansion proponents, like Bob Hokum, suggest that the city continue expanding through annexation. "We need to take over Carvenhall, Ghastreach, Nivosus, and Petra. These oppressive villages are in desperate need of freedom", Hokum said. "If it were up to me we'd annex all of Oldeshire". Annexing those villages would open a vast corridor toward the south and east - pushing Oranjestad to the foothills of Athitica and to the shores of Venice. Nebbers was quick to dismiss any such proposals, and instead suggested he may hold talks with the various independence movements in current annexed settlements, such as Shai-Ling and Homestar Port.

After years of aggressive expansion, Nebbers' sudden reversal has caused speculation about his mental health or if he may be preparing to retire soon. When asked if he was done building altogether, Nebbers simply stated "I might plant some trees now and then".

Stock market futures plunged 8% at the time of the announcement. The stocks of Annexation-R-Us®, White Man's Burden Co., and Hostile Takeovers Inc. took the biggest hits, each plunging nearly 50% in after-hours trading.
Lord_DrekarCoffeeAndChillHaySammiches822EnderKillaArcticstarMieshoaJennerDirewolfofDoomDreamingAtDawn03

Comments

• how the heck do you actually finish a city I'm drowning in urban development
  • I hit limits in pretty much every direction. I could have expanded in a few spots but I think I've had enough of this, lol. And then I made a spreadsheet with every building and went down the list one by one until their interiors were done. I ended up with 404 unique buildings, 29425 residents (using a formula based on # of bedrooms), guesstimated about 3000 private sector jobs (probably very low), and 180 unique businesses.
    HayLord_DrekarMieshoaJennerDreamingAtDawn03EnderKillaCoffeeAndChill
  • And to think that I fully explored each and every building! I admit that the bigger hotels and apartments did not get 100% explored, but close. It is an amazing achievement to complete such a detailed and in depth city like this! Great Job and congratz!
  • And to think that I fully explored each and every building! I admit that the bigger hotels and apartments did not get 100% explored, but close. It is an amazing achievement to complete such a detailed and in depth city like this! Great Job and congratz!

Thank you! Yes the obviously copy/pasted apartment buildings underground are not really necessary to explore - no hidden gems in there, I promise. Except that Shawshank poem. That's about it :smile:
    DreamingAtDawn03