Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Terracotta and Concrete!

Hay
Hay Lord
edited June 2017 in General Chat
UPDATE: WE HAVE UPDATED TO 1.12!!

I've got a LOT of updating to do on the Galleria when the update comes out, so I went into single player to check it all out and start a game plan. While there, I started messing around a bit and OHH BOY, are the new blocks fun!!
I put together some potential coordinating blocks for the glazed terracotta and even tried out a few floor designs.

Some interesting stuff:
- A couple of the colors don't coordinate well with their unglazed counterparts; cyan being the one that sticks out the most
- Unglazed terracotta will replace colored clay - I noticed their IDs are the same as colored clay
- Making designs that are a 1-center will be pretty challenging
- Light blue, blue, cyan and red were the most challenging colors for me to make designs out of - the patterns are weird to line up

If anyone else has tried out patterns and combinations, share them in the comments! Here is what I came up with!
11201.png
Tried to do a 1-center with these

11202.png
2-center designs and color combinations
11203.png
White
11204.png
Magenta
11205.png
Light Blue
11206.png
Yellow
11207.png
Lime Green
11208.png
Pink
11209.png
Gray
11210.png
Light Gray
11211.png
Cyan
11212.png
Purple
11213.png
Blue
11214.png
Brown
11215.png
Green
11217.png
Red
11218.png
Black
11219.png
Random floor designs
11220.png
Random floor designs
Post edited by Hay on
EnderKillaSammiches822HumzahhDirewolfofDoomDreamingAtDawn03Wuggeh0John117Dusty_Mars

Comments

• Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited June 2017
    It's out?!?! BRB

Also, awesome work on the designs - looks professional!
  • Trizer
    Trizer Member, Wiki Editor
    The server got updated this quickly!? I thought it was a pretty lengthy process. Props to whoever helped update it, super excited for this update! Concrete especially.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Trizer wrote: »
    The server got updated this quickly!? I thought it was a pretty lengthy process. Props to whoever helped update it, super excited for this update! Concrete especially.

you're welcome! :star:
    Wuggeh0John117Trizer
  • That is because our crazy awesome staff are on top of things :) I am on my way back to updating the castle shortly here. Thank you to Blitheness for being so fast to get this update in, and to Hay for the epic job on the patterns above, and all of the hard work!
  • Hay
    Hay Lord
    Bump because I've notice a few grumblings about terracotta being a bitch to people lol. Hope this helps!