Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Shire Aviation Administration

Antheus
Antheus Arbiter, Engineer, Wiki Editor
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Howdy Y'all! Just wanted to inform you of the creation of the Shire Aviation Administration (SAA).

Due to the rapid increase of aviation in the shire, I have decided it is necessary for an organization to be formed in order to ensure that Jim Bob's airplane from Clementine's over sized "huge ass" (in the words of our all might lord nebbers) airport will be able to fly safely and land and park at Billy Dave's airport in beautiful Riverwood and vis versa. The purpose of this origination is as follows:
  • Provide standard sizes for airport runways, taxiways, and gates
  • Provide navigational aids for aircraft
  • Ensure aircraft do not disturb wild life and ancient civilizations
  • Provide air traffic control services to aircraft
  • and some stuff I haven't thought of yet

The planned HQ is in Downtown Riverwood at this building that is currently under construction https://imgur.com/ZX119rt

Current Board Members are as follows and may or may not be updated
  • Antheus
  • RESERVED (TOP SECRET)
  • OPEN
  • OPEN
  • OPEN

Thank's for your time for reading this.
Post edited by Antheus on
HumzahhEnderKillaHay

Comments

• Antheus
    @Morris_h would you be interested in being a board memeber?
  • Uhhh hi, yes, I have a complaint I'd like to submit. There is an unrealistically sized airstrip located at Morris's Oldeshire Estate (just southwest of /warp architect, 3000,72,20.

Also - is the airbase at Naoki covered by the SAA? If so, I'd ask that the SAA inspect the catapult and catch systems, because there's no way those jets have enough clearance without those systems in place.
    AntheusHumzahh
  • Antheus
    nebbers wrote: »
    Uhhh hi, yes, I have a complaint I'd like to submit. There is an unrealistically sized airstrip located at Morris's Oldeshire Estate (just southwest of /warp architect, 3000,72,20.

Also - is the airbase at Naoki covered by the SAA? If so, I'd ask that the SAA inspect the catapult and catch systems, because there's no way those jets have enough clearance without those systems in place.

After close review of the airstrip located at Morris's Oldeshire Estate, I have evaluated that the airstrip is properly sized for a DHC-6 Twin Otter with a strong headwind and as such is perfectly fine. As for the private jet flying, there is no evidence of it having taken off from said strip so don't ask me about that.

As for the catapult and catch systems, they seem sufficient for non-commercial use. Further inquires about that would have to go to the appropriate agency.
  • Antheus wrote: »
    Further inquires about that would have to go to the appropriate agency.

Uh. I thought YOU were the appropriate agency.

Also. Does the SAA regulate airship travel and ports as well? The Nautical and Airship port of Laurelian was built before there were regulations and we would like to stay current with standards.

I, too, have a complaint. The airship port at Athitica seems to have questionable design flaws when viewed from above. @Jimmy may be able to answer to the SAA's board about this.
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited September 2017
    Let this post serve as official notice that SISA will not be overseen by the SAA. We will work alongside the SAA and provide insight and advice whenever necessary, but will retain all governing powers in it's own right and accord. SISA is exempt from any and all policies and procedures which the SAA may establish due to it being an Aeronautical Space Agency and thus, having no knowledge or experience in such practices.

SISA does however, extend a hand to the administration team of the SAA in offering a position on it's board for an SAA representative and, potentially, space training and future cooperation on aeronautical space vehicles as a culmination of work between the two agencies. We hope the SAA extends the same offer to SISA as well in accepting a representative from our agency.

We wish the SAA best of luck in it's endeavors and long road to completion and full integration of aviation standards across the Shire.

- Humzah H.,
    Flight Director, SISA.
    Hay
  • John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    edited September 2017
    The Solurian Empire does not accept this false aviation authority as our invisible and totally existent aviation authority system is far superior.
    EDIT: It is also completely classified so don't ask any questions please.
    Hay
  • Sammiches822
    Sammiches822 Arbiter
    edited September 2017
    can giant airports please not become the next shire trend
    nebbersAntheusWuggeh0CoffeeAndChill
  • can giant airports please not become the next shire trend

We'll run out of room! No more giant airports, plz. Airstrips or whatever are fine.

Quick question... What does SISA stand for? Does SAA cover airship ports? Or just airplanes? If it covers airships, what regulations are you proposing?
    HumzahhWuggeh0
  • Antheus
    can giant airports please not become the next shire trend

Lol I was just thinking of small air strip not a giant airport that takes up the space the size of the main island!
    Quick question... What does SISA stand for? Does SAA cover airship ports? Or just airplanes? If it covers airships, what regulations are you proposing?

Shire International Space Agency. SAA covers all airspace including airplanes and airships. No regulations at the moment we don't even have the SAA building furnished yet
  • Is there a space port for SISA yet? Where is the SISA HQ?
  • Antheus
    Is there a space port for SISA yet? Where is the SISA HQ?

I think in cactus county
  • Humzahh
    Humzahh Gaijin
    edited September 2017

Space port? To dock space ships? Not yet, unless a space port is something else.

And SISA HQ is indeed in Cactus County.

Come on Nebbs, you know all this - you were there for the launch! :disappointed:
    Post edited by Humzahh on
    AntheusHay
  • EL OH EL
    Humzahh
  • Antheus
    Hay wrote: »
    Antheus wrote: »
    Further inquires about that would have to go to the appropriate agency.

Uh. I thought YOU were the appropriate agency.

Also. Does the SAA regulate airship travel and ports as well? The Nautical and Airship port of Laurelian was built before there were regulations and we would like to stay current with standards.

I, too, have a complaint. The airship port at Athitica seems to have questionable design flaws when viewed from above. @Jimmy may be able to answer to the SAA's board about this.

Hello, omghey. Your complaint has been properly filed and will be reviewed as soon as possible. Please remember that all complaints are viewed on a first-come first-serve order. Your complaint is currently Number 1 in line. The estimated wait time until the complaint has been resolved is 5 days. Thank you for using the online SAA-Complaint-System!
    HumzahhJenner
  • John117
    John117 Member, Engineer, Wiki Editor
    I'll add a space port to my 71-long project list, just for you nebs
  • Humzahh wrote: »

Space port? To dock space ships? Not yet, unless a space port is something else.

And SISA HQ is indeed in Cactus County.

Come on Nebbs, you know all this - you were there for the launch! :disappointed:

Oh! Oh... yeah! Yeah I knew that. I was just testing you.
  • Wuggeh0
    Wuggeh0 Member, Wiki Editor
    I feel like Clementine's airport is the Shire International Airport that connects the Shire to the rest of the (unknown) world, and the other airports that we may or may not build are more like municipal airports.
    Antheusnebbers