Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Shire Census 2016

Options
Morris_h
Morris_h Member, Wiki Editor
edited July 2016 in Information and Rules
Hey guys, after one week of data collection and painfully advertising the census survey at every opportunity I get, 50 entries have been collected. As a result I proudly present the census results to you: 

This information is accurate as of 09, July 2016. 

Amount of Entries: 50

Of the 50 entries, 88% agreed to use their usernames for identification, while 12% decided to remain anonymous. 

Part 1/3: Personal Information

Of the 50 entries, an overwhelming 92% who answered this question are male on the server, with only 6% female and 2% unspecified. This puts us right in the ballpark of gender census polls conducted by Reddit's /r/minecraft in August 2015, which records that 94% of its user base being male, and 6% being female. 

Age: (I wasn't able to properly order the age brackets in the legends on Google sheets unfortunately) 
The Shire seems to have a predominantly teenage player base, with just under 70% under the age of 20. The oldest member we have recorded is above the age of 31, while the youngest is between the ages of 11 to 13. There is nobody surveyed under the age of 10. The largest bracket is the 17-19 year old range, at 39.6%. 

Half the people on The Shire are unsurprisingly from the United States, evident from the server's activity. Over 90% of The Shire lives in the Anglosphere. 28% of surveyed individuals are from the United Kingdom, while only 10% of Canadians trail at a distant third. There is only one Swede surveyed and one Australian. The remaining 8% come from all over the world, including Denmark, Hong Kong, and Singapore.

Ethnic Background:
With the majority of The Shire living in Anglosphere nations, there is a clear majority of Shire members being of European descent. Though there is significant diversity within the server as well, with 12.2% of the members being of multiracial backgrounds. Following the majority lead of 63.3% of white Shire members, Asian backgrounds trail at 12.2% with the majority of Asians living in the United States and the United Kingdom.  
Post edited by Hay on

Comments

• Mieshoa
    Mieshoa Member, Wiki Editor, Retired Staff
    Options
    Very interesting results! It's always cool to witness the diverse community that we are lucky to have! :)
  • Monsky
    Monsky Member, Wiki Editor
    Options
    [quote="nebbers;6813"]We're going to make the Shire great again. #MorrisForPrison2016 #10FeetHigher #AllAboardTheNebTrain #MTSGA
    [/quote]

Eh, you have my vote.
  • Lord_Drekar
    Options
    awesome results. :D
  • MidnightRaider
    Options
    Welp I guess I'm that one Australian *straya*
  • baroqueasajoke
    Options
    hmu when the next census happens cuz I always wanna participate but I always miss it :c
  • Archeval
    Options
    same

• CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    Mieshoa wrote: »
    Very interesting results! It's always cool to witness the diverse community that we are lucky to have! :)
    Tarcor wrote: »
    I say we start a petition to ban this 'Morris' guy. I heard hes been manipulating official Shire census results.

test
  • Snow Burnt
    Options
    Good job with the information.
  • MidnightRaider
    Options
    So much for the 2017 Census lol...
  • CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    Options
    Community Moderator
    Removed from announcements