Clouds Clouds Airship Belthil Tower Nether Temple
📚 Learn more about The Shire's history on our Timeline. 🕰

Server Seats & More

Options
Dear Admin & Fellow Shire Folk,

I know that I've been a squeaky wheel about this topic, we really should look at increasing the server size, even more. I know and I imagine all other Shire citizens and promising hopefuls would agree and know there is cost associated and would rise up to the occasion (myself included). The kiss from Reddit (which I am a part of) is many things, great and challenging but I see that you've had 1.8k views on the Reddit Welcome post. That's telling me there is a lot of traffic but a lot of hopefuls and some veterans of the server who can't even get on as well. As I am writing this, I've probably refreshed the server a hundred times or so with no luck. But as a new, but excited Shire citizen, I'm not turned away by this just, an observation and opinion. Otherwise, this is the
greatest server, ever, in my personal opinion.

If you are reading this, and you love this server, consider donating, here's the link to Paypal http://bit.ly/1BUnIPm and the post about donating to the server https://shirecraft.us/forum/discussion/16/the-server-needs-you-to-donate-please/p1. If you plan on being long term, for now, consider this your new coffee budget or something and give monthly.

FYI, I am not an admin, and really new to the server (4 days now) and am writing this because I love this sever and the people who run it.

-GracetoYou

Comments

• CoffeeAndChill
    CoffeeAndChill Lord, Arbiter, Engineer
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We just upgraded our server to have 64GB of RAM. I'll work on optimising performance tomorrow.
  • nebbers
    Options
    We appreciate your patience, Grace. We'll get this figured out soon - we already upped it from 32 to 40 and we quadrupled our RAM.  We'll see about expanding the slots even more.
  • foltz
    foltz Member
    Options
    Three cheers to that Hay. A very valid and why I'm here reasoning you have. :)
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Options
    All I plan to do is make the server run more smoothly with 40 slots. Not to increase the number of player slots available. I completely agree with Hay.
  • CoffeeAndChill
    Options
    Update: Server now runs fine at full capacity.