Respect and Common Decency is at the core of The Shire.
If you have any questions about our rules, please ask a staff member.
Pixel Art and macro structures are not allowed
- Except for well-hidden pixel art.
All builds must be original designs built by you
- By building on The Shire, you are granting us a perpetual right to exhibit your works, and for The Shire's staff team to relocate or modify them.
- You must not copy builds from other servers or tutorials
Consider fluidity of aesthetics between neighboring regions
- Medieval towns don’t make sense next to ultra-modern cities
Ensure a minimum distance between projects
- 100 blocks between small single builds
- 300 blocks between large projects
- 50 blocks between railway stations
Staff may, at their discretion, relocate or remove any abandoned or rule-breaking projects
- You should place your name somewhere on your build
- You should write the date when you started your project
- Builds with no clear creator are at a higher risk for removal
No abusive language or behavior, this includes…
- Vulgarity outside of NSFW channels
- Personal attacks or Doxxing
- Impersonating others
- Racist, sexist, homophobic or cultural insults
- Sharing NFSW content outside of designated channels
- Spamming or trolling
Do not disrupt the gameplay of others
- No PVP without consent of all parties involved
- Do not build lag-inducing Redstone contraptions
- Building horizontal flying machines is forbidden
Do not alter a project without the owner’s consent
- If there is no clear owner, ask a Staff member for guidance
Inappropriate builds or skins are not allowed
- Visible, non-secret builds must be built with consideration for all ages
- We have zero-tolerance for inappropriate player skins
- We have some additional rules for our Survival and Competition worlds which are listed below
- No cheating, which includes using any mod or resource pack that gives an unfair advantage
- No stealing from other players
- No griefing
- You may give or receive advice on how to improve a project
- You can’t give or receive specific instructions on what or how to build
- You must not use WorldEdit or other tools unless otherwise stated at the competition spawn *
You are responsible for the security of your account
- You should not share your account with others
- Any wrongdoing committed by an account will result in sanctions on that account
- Don’t play on a stolen account as it may be banned without notice
- Do not promote or recruit for other Minecraft servers
Do not attempt to circumvent a ban or other punishment
- This includes using an alternative account
Inter-project connections are standardized
- You must not build roads or rails outside your region *
- You must not exploit workarounds to access features unavailable to your rank
- Participation in our Discord community will bring your Discord profile in scope of these rules
Rules marked with an asterisk, ( * ), may have exemptions granted by staff members; you must always obtain permission before doing anything that breaks one of these rules.
Our rules are subject to change, and our staff reserve the right to interpret them as they deem appropriate. If you have been sanctioned and wish to appeal it, then please do so in the ‘Support Area’ category on the forum.
Our rules were last updated on 4 November 2022.